Lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrl5678

Reaction score
I'm really talking to the 10, 12, maybe 14es the ones on top or in the bed of the truck.
Do you have night lights for them? Do you take them every time? I like the clamp on LEDs the set for 40$ on Amazon seems more than acceptable.
I know they are required to run at night but I am guessing most 10 ans 12 jons do not spend a lot of night time in the water?

My 14' tin had a set in need of repair.

After I re-did the interior I re-mounted the bases and replaced the bulbs with LED inserts and a new white globe.

When I mounted the battery boxes there was just enough space to keep them together on the floor pinched between the box and the flotation.

I only mount them if I start before dawn or evenings other wise they just ride along...

At my boatclub we make great use of those battery powered (they make them LED too) clamp-on portable lights. The All-Around light we prefer has a SS 1/4"x20 threaded socket at the base of the light. I simply add a bolt to the top of the OB engine cover, in the center of that recess area where one can grab the back of the motor to tilt it up. (Meaning the bolt does not go through the cover part at all, just the hand hold part).

I add a simple plastic/rubber thread protector 'cap' when not in use. We also did this for the fleet of boats on the dock, with a few lights left in the dock box for member's use, so if they think they'll be out late ... they just grab a light and go. We use C-clamp mounts for the bow lights, which work well too! Two-season so far on my original set of batteries!
Stern Light.jpeg