Gone Fishing!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I can't sleep! :fishing: \:D/

Tomorrow I leave for Mexico to fish Lake Baccarac for Trophy Bass. This is my second time going so I am hoping to beat my personal best Bass of 8.13.

If you have a couple of minutes, you can read about my 2020 trip I wrote about here: https://www.tinboats.net/mexico-bass-fishing-at-lake-baccarac-the-final-report/

There is internet access at the lodge, but it's not streaming media speeds if you catch what I'm saying. I will be posting pics as internet/time allow in the fishing section.

Do you think I will beat my personal best?

Take a guess at the weight of my biggest bass will be........

Best of luck, Jim! I bet you hit double digits.
Looking forward to pictures, but fishing and enjoying yourself comes first.

I think you need to take me with you, you know, for an independent verification. Good luck

eeshaw said:
I think you need to take me with you, you know, for an independent verification. Good luck
If i had it like that i would take a bunch of you guys/gals. I hope it’s epic like last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm back!

The trip was fantastic, but no double-digit for me this year. My biggest boated fish was 6.9 LBs.

I boated 79 fish and lost probably an equal amount with hooksets, break-offs, sleeping, and whatnot. Many double digits were caught in our group though.

The water level was down 30-40 feet from last year.....yes, that is FEET. It was a different ballgame than what we prepared for from last year's fishing.

Full report to come out in the next couple of days. I had such a blast, I am already thinking of next year's trip.

LDUBS said:
Thanks for the report on the home page. Those pics are terrific.
Thanks LDUBS!

While I did not beat my personal best, I did have a blast again. I am penciled in for 2022. That's how much I love this trip. :D

If you are interested in reading about my trip to Lake Baccarac, you can read the report here: https://www.tinboats.net/lake-baccarac-fishing-report/

I wondered if you had any issues traveling down to Mexico. I've heard that Mexico has done a pretty good job with COVID testing for travelers who need it to return home. Hopefully they didn't make you jump through too many hoops.

LDUBS said:
I wondered if you had any issues traveling down to Mexico. I've heard that Mexico has done a pretty good job with COVID testing for travelers who need it to return home. Hopefully they didn't make you jump through too many hoops.

No issues at all. The Lodge had a Dr come in and test us. We got a letter that we had to show at the airport and that was it. Going through those airports is still shady. There is no rhyme or reason why they do things. For example, 2 buddies had rod tubes that were almost identicale in weight and length. One they charged $183, the other....no charge.

Latest posts