Work is kicking my butt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Not complaining here, but I have been so busy at work that I have not been able to do any fun stuff like boating, fishing, hiking, etc. I am hoping this lets up so I can at least wet a line on Saturday. [-o<

How has the hiking been going ?? Seems like you mentioned weight loss and better conditioning very quickly and were quite enthusiastic.

I moved from NM to FL a few months ago and hiking has been severely cut back. Simply not the kind of country to hike in unless you go on groomed - popular, crowded - trails. Not for me.

This is boating country and I'm getting seriously into that. Then, too, my Spinal Stenosis has worsened to where I can't really hike far, anyway. A mile or so is about it.

I hope you make it. We need some new fishing reports!

I'm retired now but remember those stretches when works seemed to take over my life. Hopefully things will settle down for you soon. Out of curiosity, is the work bump related to things opening back up or coming back to an office?

gogittum said:
How has the hiking been going ?? Seems like you mentioned weight loss and better conditioning very quickly and were quite enthusiastic.

I moved from NM to FL a few months ago and hiking has been severely cut back. Simply not the kind of country to hike in unless you go on groomed - popular, crowded - trails. Not for me.

This is boating country and I'm getting seriously into that. Then, too, my Spinal Stenosis has worsened to where I can't really hike far, anyway. A mile or so is about it.

So.....I was playing cat and mouse with my German Shepherd around the pool and I twitched my knee a little bit. I thought nothing of it. I then entered into a work sponsored walking challenge and I was trying to reach 20k steps per day which made it worse. Now my knee hurts every day by the end of the day. I should get it checked out, I know better.

. Now my knee hurts every day by the end of the day. I should get it checked out, I know better.

Yes. Yes you should young man.

Now go to your room and just think about what you've done! Sometime I think you just don't consider all the anguish you cause us with your high-jinks.

:( :roll: #-o #-o [-X [-X [-o<

KMixson said:
It sucks getting old. I have to stand up for 5 seconds before I try to walk anywhere because of bad knees. They will throw me down if I try.

I live by the 5 second rule:
If it hits the floor for less than 5 seconds, it's still safe to eat.
If I said something and if within 5 seconds my wife doesn't get spun up, my filterless comment is socially acceptable.
It takes me 5 seconds to stand up.
I have to pause for 5 seconds after standing to let the dizziness pass.
If I sit quietly for more than 5 seconds, I'm likely to start dozing off.

Popeye said:
KMixson said:
It sucks getting old. I have to stand up for 5 seconds before I try to walk anywhere because of bad knees. They will throw me down if I try.

I live by the 5 second rule:
If it hits the floor for less than 5 seconds, it's still safe to eat.
If I said something and if within 5 seconds my wife doesn't get spun up, my filterless comment is socially acceptable.
It takes me 5 seconds to stand up.
I have to pause for 5 seconds after standing to let the dizziness pass.
If I sit quietly for more than 5 seconds, I'm likely to start dozing off.

"If it hits the floor for less than 5 seconds, it's still safe to eat."

Problem is it takes me 5 seconds just to think about bending over. Then another 5 seconds to actually bend over and pick it up.