Tomahawk Wisconsin bound.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pappyfromthekeys
Lesa and I are headed up to Tomahawk Wisconsin for the National antique outboard meet up there. One heck of a swap meet for sure. It is held along the total length of an old aircraft runway that borders the river. Lots of boating, swapping, buying and selling plus pristine boats/engines in the show for judging.
If anyone is in the neighborhood it is Tuesday through Friday the first week of August. Lots of folks can guide you to the Florida group area and everyone there knows me so stop by and say hello if possible.
We will have a bright orange 10' canopy and probably a couple of Honda Monkeys around it.

Sounds interesting Pappy, I used to go to to the Carlisle Pa swap meet for the same reason you are going to the Tomahawk swap meet, unbelievable what can show up at those places!! ENJOY!!!!!!

It doesn't start until Tuesday but I bought this on the way up!

It is a 1960 Evinrude Starflite V4 75hp. Completely gone through the same way I would have gone through it.

And here is a video of the engine running!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TCkgkgpmLw

Love that Jetsons styling from the early 60s..... nice boat too....

Hey Pappy,
I'm working on a 57 evinrude badge that a fellow sent me. The small round one. I did get a mold made from a very rough seahorse off a 35 super. Far from perfect, but better than nothing I guess. Still needing a good example of the front and back squares. Let's start there if you have them. I'd prefer to do it one or 2 pcs at a time.
234754561_954877358421706_8159325947336452311_n.png

I live on the north side of the river, and over hear the appointment for a next day result test will 4-6 day away.
I was worried that I had a flare up a few days ago. Symptoms only lasted a day and a half. Been wearing a mask around other people. I had it in July of2020, second dose of Moderna vacine in March of this year, this virus is going to drive us nuts.
God's speed on the recovery

John

Lesa and I both went up to Umatilla to the public health clinic. She walked in and a few minutes later a gal walked out and we were both tested. Bad part is that we wont know until Saturday or Monday.
Way more worried about Lesa than I am about me. I know I have it and although it is kicking my *** at the moment if it doesn't get any worse I will be fine. Lesa has massive allergies and breathing problems but almost no symptoms thankfully. Hoping she doesn't get it. Separate bedrooms and bathrooms for a while here to help assure it stays that way.

If it starts feeling any worse than a cold check yourself in. As I understand it the people who "waited a few days" are the ones that have the worst results. Will be praying for all of you.

Pappy said:
Lesa and I both went up to Umatilla to the public health clinic. She walked in and a few minutes later a gal walked out and we were both tested. Bad part is that we wont know until Saturday or Monday.
Way more worried about Lesa than I am about me. I know I have it and although it is kicking my *** at the moment if it doesn't get any worse I will be fine. Lesa has massive allergies and breathing problems but almost no symptoms thankfully. Hoping she doesn't get it. Separate bedrooms and bathrooms for a while here to help assure it stays that way.
Good luck, last fall my wife had it and I didn't. You can easily live in the same household and not pass it on.