1992 Yamaha 40 MSHQ correct water pump assembly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Douglasdzaster

Reaction score
I started a new thread because of my question.
When the motor overheated I got a new water pump kit. And found that the reason for overheating was the rubber sleeve that comes in the kit was slid over the pickup tube instead of in the housing. And two parts where missing that don’t come in the kit. The washer/o ring that I’m pretty sure goes on the tube and the water damper seal #663-44367-00. My question is does this seal go on the tube between the pump and washer or is it supposed to be in the housing some how which it doesn’t look like it can? The diagram I have doesn’t show the damper seal with the water pump but the second lower unit diagram does show it and the washer with the water tube.
I’m just wanting to make sure I get it right so there’s no more overheating the old motor.
Please advise. I will greatly appreciate it! I’ve been fixing stuff like this since I bought the motor. Either parts missing or rigged up. It’s my first outboard too as far as having to do any mechanical work on one. I wouldn’t be this far if it wasn’t for the forum. I’ve done enough now I’ve actually been able to help others with a couple of things.

Latest posts