Where to find corner caps for tin boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorado1135

Reaction score
Anyone know of a place that can make them? reproduce them? have salvage parts?
I need one for an early 90's crestliner, pretty simple in design really, but if I can get a pair of other ones that will work I'll happily use those. searches bring up nothing online. what gives?

Yeah good luck. I've made them from aluminum plate. Any weld/fab shop should be able to. Sometimes it takes a bit of fiddling because those corners are never 90°

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

your answers seem to mirror what I have found. no boat salvage near me by any means.
for such a common part you'd think someone would make repro ones, or save them when they find a set.

still looking, it's a 1991 crestliner 16' and the corners say C90 on them. I might be able to repair the broken one if need be. just checking one alst time before seeking out a shop that might be able to repair/replace

I gave up looking for one for my '72 Alumacraft. I'm just gonna bend some 1/8" Aluminum to replace mine...want a flat surface anyway without the cast-in carry handles.

MN Fisher said:
I gave up looking for one for my '72 Alumacraft. I'm just gonna bend some 1/8" Aluminum to replace mine...want a flat surface anyway without the cast-in carry handles.
Anneal it first, along the area of the bend radius.

If no templ-stik for the temp of the alloy to be annealed, try marking the bend line w/ a Sharpie marker. Then heat the line fast w/ Mapp gas preferred, and when marker pen sizzles, bend it over wooden form w/ a heavy rubber mallet.

Wear ear protection … and heavy gloves.