Looking for an obsolete part

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stump Bumper

Reaction score
What do you guys do when you need a part that no one sells anymore? I'm looking for a 93878 retainer for a 2002 mercury 25hp 2 stroke.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-190756_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-190756_Chrome.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 205
There are outboard used part sources (AKA junkyards). Do some google research & I am sure someone will have one they will sell.

sometimes you have to fabricate something yourself. Not sure what this part is for but I'm sure you can come up with an elegant solution to do whatever this thing does.

Check this guy on Ebay, he's parting out an engine and has it listed further down in this auction (I don't think this particular item listing is for it so I would contact him) so he might still have it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294071869183?epid=1442077691&hash=item44780c9eff:g:s14AAOSwUIhgU8SN

There's a place by me in FL that sells all kinds of used boat parts for older engines and boats. Look up Marine Parts Outlet (Stuart FL, and Meritt Island FL) and contact them to see if they may have a used one available.

Well I found one available at US boat works inc in Kansas. The bad news is I had to pay 50 bucks for a part that was normally under $10. And shipping was another $12. Still cheaper than a new motor. Thanks for the responses guys.

Latest posts