New member of the household

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
We had to put our dog of 13-1/2 years down at the end of June due to kidney disease. We had gotten her as a rescue at 7 months old and even after 13-1/2 years, she still didn't trust people. Since we have had a dog for the last 26 years straight, we took a break for 3 months. We figured we would look for another dog when the weather cooled down a little. We have a local no kill shelter so I wanted to get a dog from them. Initially I was thinking another younger dog (we don't really need a puppy, there are no kids in the house). But after looking at the dogs they have, a couple of the senior dogs looked like they needed a stable home and probably wouldn't have an easy time getting adopted. So Friday morning we ended up adopting Layla, a 9 year old American Staffordshire Terrier (very similar to the pitbull). We have a fenced in back yard so the dog can roam around freely which she wasn't used to. She's really sweet and is adjusting to a new home pretty quickly.

Here's a couple pictures of our old dog Jackie, she was a strange mix of black lab, whippet and some pitbull. And then Layla, the new edition.

Attachments

• tired_layla3.jpg
    tired_layla3.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 140
  • layla1.jpg
    layla1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 140
  • jackie_deer3.jpg
    jackie_deer3.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 140
  • tireddoggy.jpg
    tireddoggy.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 140
Congratulations on the addition to the family. My condolences for the loss of a friend.

Noting quite like the relationship between a dog and its owner.

One of those gifts from life.

This dog we adopted is so sweet, I can't believe anyone abandoned her let alone multiple families! But she is now so happy as are we so I guess it worked out well. There are so many animals available in the shelters to pick from you can't go wrong. We were thinking a younger dog but we're in a position we could help an older dog and this has turned out well. :D

Attachments

• layla5.jpg
    layla5.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts