Fuel leak through carburetor tube

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely that's the vent for the carburetor. If I am right, it's likely that either the float valve is leaking, or the bowl gasket (or both) leaking. At that point, it's probably wise to rebuild the carb with a new float valve assembly and float chamber gasket. Does it run ok otherwise? Idle and start ok?

Edit: After looking closer at the pics I see where they've put the accelerator pump diaphram in the bowl as well. There's possibility that the diaphragm may be leaking; may as well grab that and any o-rings/gaskets associated with that too. I wonder, does a carb kit come with all of that stuff? Some do, some dont--and it's been a long time since I've done one of those.

Is it leaking while running or just while sitting still? Is your fuel tank vented? If not, have you disconnected the fuel line to the motor? Maybe try that, the tank might be pressurizing during the day and forcing the fuel into the motor. That still shouldn't happen but it might help troubleshoot to see if it's a float issue or needle/seat issue.

Latest posts