California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InSaneFisherMan

Reaction score
Glad, I not in CA, but LA is one on the largest air pullers in the states, Why can’t just ban gas cars in LA.

Let’s go Brandon!

No more gaso cars will be sold in California starting 2035. Some places are moving that up to 2030. One "progressive" city is allowing large apartment complexes to be built with no provision for any parking. They don't think folks should have cars. Of course, they probably have a reserved space for their $80K Teslas at city hall. Most of this stuff is promoted by rich folk who are completely out of touch with the reality of those who are working hard to make ends meet and will be hit very hard with this kind of transition.

I wish you would move out here. We need some common sense voters!

I saw that on a "Lehto's Law" video. It sounds as if the law will ban the sale of new, but not the use of existing equipment. This should open up a huge retail market in the border areas of neighboring states. Well, at least until they ban the "importation" of new, followed by banning the use of them, as well. I don't see battery/electrics being a viable replacement.
First question from me is, "Are municipalities going to do away with lawn care standards as the supply of small engine equipment dwindles due to attrition?" (I'd be willing to bet that HOA's won't.)

I think I also saw that small marine engines get a pass. Interesting.

Roger

GTS225 said:
I think I also saw that small marine engines get a pass. Interesting.

Roger

Rich folk have sailboats with small marine engines.

BTW, the other thing that changed in California is we no longer have single family dwelling zoning. We need more housing for homeless says our gov, so folks should be able to build multi-family wherever they want. There is a serious housing problem in California, but no one will admit out loud that our homeless problem has nothing to do with the cost of housing.

LDUBS said:
No more gaso cars will be sold in California starting 2035. Some places are moving that up to 2030. One "progressive" city is allowing large apartment complexes to be built with no provision for any parking. They don't think folks should have cars. Of course, they probably have a reserved space for their $80K Teslas at city hall. Most of this stuff is promoted by rich folk who are completely out of touch with the reality of those who are working hard to make ends meet and will be hit very hard with this kind of transition.

I wish you would move out here. We need some common sense voters!

Thanks for the move offer, but no one retires and moves to CA.

In spite of billions being set aside for years with voter approval we have had zero as far as new water projects/hydroelectric and our energy grid is so poor we can't handle current demand. They already make requests that folks not charge their Tesla's during peak times because of capacity issues. They must be counting on pixie dust to meet the power needs when we move away from internal combustion engines.

I think the part that is missing is continued improvements to our internal combustion engines. The officials say a two stroke leaf blower put out more bad stuff than driving a Toyota Camry 1100 miles. I kinda have my doubts, but if that is true, if cars have improved that much, then it would seem there is a potential for an even cleaner internal combustion engine.

California has always been a pain in butt,with their over reaching restrictions on just about anything. Years ago my cousin was going home to Nevada in his pickup, he was stopped at the border, there was a small tree branch in the bed of his truck. He was given two tickets, one for transporting a tree branch and another for littering. He tossed the branch and evidently the agent must have been having a bad day. Total fines,$340. My cousin was a well mannered guy. California is a tree huggers Paradise for the rich.

Vader809 said:
California has always been a pain in butt,with their over reaching restrictions on just about anything. Years ago my cousin was going home to Nevada in his pickup, he was stopped at the border, there was a small tree branch in the bed of his truck. He was given two tickets, one for transporting a tree branch and another for littering. He tossed the branch and evidently the agent must have been having a bad day. Total fines,$340. My cousin was a well mannered guy. California is a tree huggers Paradise for the rich.

I do think the ag inspection stations at the border are important and should be taken seriously. California agriculture is huge. If we were a country we would be ranked somewhere between the 5th & 9th largest ag economy in the world. Keeping invasive pests and plants out of the state is something I support 100%. I grew up in one of the small central valley farm towns, which by the way, are a different slice of what most think of as California.

But a tree branch and littering is more than a little over the top. Especially if the branch was leaving California for Nevada!

Anybody ever notice how "punishment" for an "infraction" of some minor law isn't really about punishment at all? It's about putting money in the state's coffers.

Just another grumpy, old, opinionated S.O.B.....Roger

Latest posts