Rich line M15

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazednconfused

Reaction score
I picked up a good old Richline boat model 15 i believe can you tell me why theer are 2 drain plugs in the back small one in floor 5/8 larger one in transom 7/8 or 1" thanks rick

Just a little speculation, you might examine the one in the bottom very closely. My RichLine has one in the bottom that had a flapper style in it. Someone may have replaced yours with a plug. The flapper in mine is rotted away, so I may end up doing the same thing if I cannot figure out how to replace it.

My Rich Line 12 has a single plug in the bottom. First time I have ever see one. It's on the starboard side. Every other tin boat I have owned has had the transom plug. If it was 8" in dia, I might be tempted to fish through it...

working on this boat i think i have come to the conclusion that the small 5/8 plug in the bottom of the boat is orig. and the larger 7/8 in the transom must have been added no one seems to have a Richline or any other name boat with 2 drain plugs