Stencil (painting) over DURABAK

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAY BEAGLE

Reaction score
Emerging into uncharted waters.
My "Tinboat" project has almost come to a hault .... due to temperatures falling into the teens. I have changed directions once again. Was going to do the whole boat in STEEL FLEX, but found out, it would be hard to "RED LEGG" stencil, and adding paint, without sanding. So I added DURABAK to my arsenal. Just using STEEL FLEX interior & exterior, on the bottom only, and perhaps 5"+ up the exterior sides, to the edge of the waterline.
Applying DURABAK on the interior & exterior sides, and exterior transom, and sub floor and front deck.
Looks like I can not do my RED LEGG stencil on DURABAK either, unless I scruff up the surface. Looking threw days of "GOOGLE" searches for a paint - I am at 0. Saw a spiff, where a polyurethane base paint can be used. Did not find any support for that claim. Also can not find any camo, or earth colors in a spray can to fill the order.
Can ANYBODY SHED SOME LIGHT ON A DIRECTION for me to search .... much appreciated.