1985 85hp Force

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stLowe16BCP

Reaction score
SO when i bought my 1980 Lowe it came w an 85 hp 2 stroke outboard (and transom cracks) the boat is rated for 60hp max, I'm downsizing to 40-50hp.
I was told the engine ran last summer have a video of it in action! What should I be trying to get out it? $1000? $2000? $500... And where might a good resource for obtaining a used outboard? I'm in Ohio, not a lot of options around here locally, I was hoping someone knew a good place to start looking!! Thanks for all of your help in advance!!

I got a 1999, 120 force on my Bayliner. Bought it new in 2000, and other than the normal preventative maintenance, its been flawless. I'm ready to repower the boat with a 150 Yamaha, but my pocket book is not ready. Also, if it's not broke - why fix it.
In regards to value - the Force is the ******* child knowbody wants. $500 - $800 would be about right. Most cases, someone needs a second Force for parts. Good luck w/ your project.

Facebook marketplace and craigslist for used outboards. Just watch and be ready to jump fast when you see a deal especially on Marketplace, they move fast if it's a good deal. I've already got really good motors on really bad boats, junked the boat and had me a great cheap motor. Some people just don't want to deal with the junk boat.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

yeah, I found a nice 40hp Evinrude. Came w controls for my side console and all the wiring harness. $1200 I'm happy, so far, I think...Still looking to move the 85hp Force. I'm sure someone in Ohio wants it!!

List the Force for $1250. Someone in your area may be looking to Repower this Spring.

Latest posts