Thinking about upgrading to a 9.9

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vagante

Reaction score
I have a 12 ft Alumacraft 1236 I bought new about 6 years ago. I have a Nissan 5 horsepower mounted on it and it works okay if I'm alone. If I have two people it slugs around and barely gets up on some sort of plane. I mostly fish alone so unless I have someone that's not that big of a problem but that could change soon as the girlfriend has decided she likes fishing. The 9.9 is tempting but my main concern is weight. I fish saltwater creeks and so I have modified my trailer with plastic rails so I can easily slide my boat on them off without getting the wheels in the water. This saves on corrosion on tne trailor.... I'm not sure how much different it will be pulling it up on the trailer with an extra 50 to 60 lbs if I buy a 9.9

Could you put some weight in the back of the boat to give your a feel for the difference? Even putting a 5 gallon bucket of water as close to the transom as possible would be a pretty good indicator.

Edit: delete.
Please disregard my earlier post. I don’t think the information on the motor size is correct .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts