Transducer?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracker2869

Reaction score
I have a Lowrance hook 7 triple shot toward the end of the season lost depth reading then it came back. Next time out no depth reading and screen full of lines on different colors. Temp. reads and makes no difference what screen you use side scan down scan or sonar. I believe transducer has quit I went through trouble shooting but no luck when unit is powered up I hear nothing at the transducer nor do I feel any pulse at the transducer. Lowrance will test it but they want the unit and transducer. I'm not pulling this out as it was a pain to run wires. Also I have to pay shipping both ways plus ins. Any ideas? This unit will work in simulator mode. I would get a new transducer but don't want to take a 185$ guess.

1: Is it sharing the battery with the TM for power? If so, you need to put a filter on the power-leads - RF interference can cause those issues.

2: Is the Transducer cable running near any un-shielded wires between it's mounting location and the head unit? That can also cause issues.

I think you're stuck pulling the unit - could be the transducer or the head unit that's causing the issue...that's why they want them both.

I'm out of ideas.

Thanks MN fisher I'm going to see if any of my friends has this unit then talk them into plugging my head in and see if the problem go's away then I'll know if it's the head or Transducer

Latest posts