'96 Crestliner 1650 Sportfish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Man

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
So, the Starcraft I planned on taking a look at sold the day I called to go see it.

This Crestliner is on CL, and believe it or not, is just around the corner from me! Went over to look it over. Definitely, sun damaged. Trailer is a very nice '96 Pacific galvanized. Motor is 1999 (according to a serial # decoder) Suzuki DF70 four stroke EFI. Hour meter says 90 hours. Motor fired right up and water exited pee hole. I believe it is with 2nd or 3rd owner, but not for sure. Hull is very clean with no dents/gouges.

Few pics attached....

Thoughts on the motor? It's old, but do not know the issues with this vintage/brand. Looked up injectors and they are $250 each (x4)!!!
If it were a Honda, I would have no problem even if it were carbed. My last motor was a '98 Honda BF50.....awesome motor. Rebuilt the carbs and it purred!

I don't mind projects, but the motor is my biggest concern.

The rest appears to be cosmetics as desired (new flooring, side panel vinyl, electronics, trolling motor, etc.

Attachments

• C1.jpeg
    C1.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 107
  • C2.jpeg
    C2.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 107
  • C3.jpeg
    C3.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 107
  • C4.jpeg
    C4.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 107
  • C9.jpeg
    C9.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 107
  • C8.jpeg
    C8.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 107
  • C7.jpeg
    C7.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 107
  • C6.jpeg
    C6.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 107
  • C5.jpeg
    C5.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 107
first flag i seee is the whale tale on the motor. when i see one of those, the first thing i think is "why did they think they needed that"? usual answer is that the flotation is waterlogged, there is a problem with engine power, or wrong prop. and you mentioned it had a new floor? points to water logged.
good luck, maybe im just drama queen this morning, and i hope im wrong. its just that it is very easy to fall into a trap. i would imagine even more so in california.

poorthang,
The floor is original and carpeting....I would consider adding new vinyl flooring, as its easier to keep clean. It does NOT have a new floor.

When I see a whale tail added to an outboard, I believe the user is looking to get up on plane quicker....I would never think that foam is water logged. I would also consider.... boat is under powered and/or has propping issues.

Since this boat has the original 70hp 4 stroke EFI, I would think propping first.

What else do other think about this boat?

Priced at $7K