Parts needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeshaw

Reaction score
I've got a 2011 Mercury 60 hp 4 cylinder outboard, s/n 1C149*** that I'd like to rebuild for the experience and to use on my boat. I've been able to locate all the parts I need except oversize pistons and rings. I've checked multiple online sources and keep coming up empty. I've reached the end of my rope and decided to ask for help. Is anybody aware of someplace that these parts can be acquired? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

wisco? is that a 4 stroke? if so, do you know what oversize the machinist said you need? that could make a difference in sourcing pistons and your machinist should know that source.

I'm not seeing anything either. I do know that they can be made to fit anything, but I'm sure it's pretty expensive. Wiseco does it.

Perhaps the block can be sleeved and standard pistons used?

The engine is a four stroke by the way.

I'm trying to avoid the custom route of having slugs made for it, that's always an expensive proposition. I'd also thought about sleeving the engine bore but I haven't been able to find a sleeve either. I guess what my only option is, is to try and locate a block that still original bore and just needs a light honing. I did find a source for an original block but they're over a grand. Kind of kills the idea of rebuilding when you have to add 4 ring sets, gasket set, seals etc. to the equation.

If anyone happens across something I'd be thrilled to hear it!

Latest posts