Found Them

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
After a long dry spell I finally managed to pick up a couple of rainbows. Trolling 2.0 - 2.2 mph with spoons 35' and 45' deep in 198 feet of water.

I pulled the plug early at 10:30 am because the wind was coming up. My normal ramp is closed again because of low water. My alternate ramp is kind of hard for me by myself, and more so when the wind is up. Figured I better go in early to avoid ramp follies.

Notice in the pics below I made my TB ruler into a yardstick. I had some 1/16 +/- material. Applied the ruler to it, then covered it all with clear packing tape. It has been holding up for a few years now.

Trout1.png

Trout2.png

Lake Berryessa in Northern California. The area over by the dam is pretty deep, even with the lake drawn down.

Here is an image of the area I was fishing. The lake also has a Kokanee population. I never target them, but understand the lures need to be down 70'- 100'.

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 5.39.12 PM.png

Yep, Kokanee -- landlocked sockeye salmon. They don't get to big. Maybe 12" to 14" are most common. A lot of folks enjoy targeting them.

Crazy as it sounds, this lake also has landlocked King Salmon (Chinooks). Apparently they are "extras" from the hatcheries that don't get released in the rivers. So they put them here and a few other lakes. I read they live 3 to 4 years. They get pretty big, but not like the Kings in the ocean. They don't spawn of course.

Latest posts