Water Proof Boots

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny.barile

Reaction score
Need some water proof boots for launching my aluminum boat in cold fall months when the water is cool. Normally I wear a lace up work boot but when I go deeper than where the tongue starts I get a miserable wet cold feet day. Decided to finally break down and buy some rubber insulated boots that et up near my knees……I can not believe the price of boots…….

I came across these Red Head boots in Cabela’s that weren’t too bad in comparison to some of the name brands. They have 5mm neoprene…….I’m assuming they will be ok for cool weather………35-40 degrees.

Anyone use these? Any quality issues? Comfortable enough to stand around in my boat for the day…..?

88B41E1C-57D5-4232-B0C6-F53A141860F2.jpeg

Get these ... $220 Lacrosse 1600-gram Thinsulate insulated 18" tall boots for only $120 with FREE shipping! Size appropriately, figure on polypro thin socks and thicker wool socks. TIGHT boots make your feet cold!

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019946528?pid=905311

Boots.jpg

Much more than I am willing to spend……and I am size 11. They have 9 and 14 in stock…..

You could walk on the moon with those. Do you hunt? If I was buying LaCross it would be a lesser insulated pair for sure. 1600 gram is like an oven for me.

I like MidwayUSA. I just bought a Helix 7 fish Finder from them….,and have bought gun stuff from them in the past. Solid vender…

I bought a pair of size 13 rubber boots at the local hardware store. They are oversize, so easy to get on/off. Paid about $26. Not insulated, but for retrieving the boat I'm not wading in the water very long. And, it doesn't get that cold here.

If uninsulated works, you will get good value at your local Home Depot or Tractor Supply.

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 12.08.36 PM.png

I do hunt, still hunting and stalking too, and have used Lacrosse 1200-gram boots like shown from Newfoundland for woodland caribou to Anticosti Island in Quebec in Nov for whitetails and to the deep woods of PA in January for their late flintlock-only season, all with temps to 0 degrees F.

My feet never got cold …

I took a shot on the Cabela’s Red Head boots. It was difficult to find my size in stock for this style of boot.

I have them now and they fit true to size. I tried them with thick and regular socks….both seem ok. I visually checked over all the seams for gaps and didn’t find any. It’s still warm here but it won’t be for long. Only time and use will tell.

Now I won’t need to do the balance beam act when I launch the boat.

Latest posts