My main two hobbies!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky.jonboatfisher

Reaction score
My main two hobbies besides fishin' is flying gas powered remote controlled airplanes that fly about 100 miles per hour. Also i love water sports. Pretty much anything dealing with being towed behind my ski boat. I mostly enjoy slalom skiing but i also love to kneeboard wake surf and tube.

there are a couple of guys that fly model airplanes in the field across from my parents house.. my dad bush hogged them a landing strip and since then they have planted it with rye and fescue and keep it cut.. it's the funniest looking strip of grass out in the middle of a cut-over... I'm sure the people who aren't from around there wonder what in the hell are those rednecks doing with that strip of grass out there.

Those planes are awesome.. one of the planes the guy flies cost over $3000... he wrecked it once and said it cost him $900 for a new motor.. I think I would have to find a new hobby - there is no way i would let that thing out of the house if I paid that much for it

russ010 said:
there are a couple of guys that fly model airplanes in the field across from my parents house.. my dad bush hogged them a landing strip and since then they have planted it with rye and fescue and keep it cut.. it's the funniest looking strip of grass out in the middle of a cut-over... I'm sure the people who aren't from around there wonder what in the hell are those rednecks doing with that strip of grass out there.

Those planes are awesome.. one of the planes the guy flies cost over $3000... he wrecked it once and said it cost him $900 for a new motor.. I think I would have to find a new hobby - there is no way i would let that thing out of the house if I paid that much for it

Concur on on the new hobby. Wow! And we thought fishing and boats were bad. :shock:

I was considering getting into it but after seeing how much my Brother-in-Law spends on his addiction... decided it was cheaper to buy a bass boat and go fishing. :lol: The one I was going to get was a seaplane type thing. Land on water or a runway.

ky.jonboatfisher said:
Also i love water sports. Pretty much anything dealing with being towed behind my ski boat. I mostly enjoy slalom skiing but i also love to kneeboard wake surf and tube.
I do a bit of skiing and tubing in the summer. Mostly on friends boats, but my boat has been used to pull tubes. I am going to ski behind it this summer, just to say I did it. I am also going to finally be able to consistently slalom this summer. So far, I can get most of the way up, sometimes, completely get up every now and then, and completely screw up every now and then. A good friend of mine (scoutmasters son) is a tournament water skier, and has usually is in the top 5 in the nationals.

me too! I Surf, fish, freeboard. and Fly. I've had 11 planes. boats cars helis too. I run brushless though, except for the boat.

russ010 said:
I think I would have to find a new hobby - there is no way i would let that thing out of the house if I paid that much for it

Aren't you the guy that had a high dollar rod/reel go swimming?
I have one of those mini helicopters that fits in the palm of my hand does that count?

My wife's uncle flew them he had a dc3 that had a 8 ft wing span it was a site to see flying around

very fun hobby

Latest posts