Trailer Tire Protectant

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Starting to go over my mental list of what I need to do to prep the boat for the upcoming season (if it ever gets here), and thought about the trailer tires. I use Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel on mine, and occasionally on my vehicle tires. It applies easily, has UV protectant in it, and lasts a long time. I used to use the spray-on type (Meguiar's also), but found the gel to last much longer. The water quickly repels off the tires. Anyone out there use any type of tire protectant for their trailer tires?

https://www.superiorcarcare.net/golclasenhig.html

(it also smells like grape bubblegum, lol)

I spray a heavy coat of armor all on my trailer tires and leave it on there ( I don't wipe it off )

I do it a few times a year and my tires still look like new. I either use armor all or meguiars hot shine on my truck tires.

I use high endurance gloss on my car tires. I hadn't thought about it for the trailer tires. Something i found makes it go on nice and smooth is a paint brush, easy to apply and get it even with out getting it on my rims.

all meguiars stuff smells pretty darn good. Not much touches my car besides it.

i used to use the maguires gel when i had big shiny wheels on my old truck. worked great and lasted along time, but thats when i ived in the city driving on paved roads. around here if you spray anything on your tires they'll be covered in dirt the first time you go down a driveway.

i spray my tires down with an ardex tire shine we have here at the shop about once a month when washing my truck, just to keep the dirt stains on the tires not so noticible.

Latest posts