john boat club in oklahoma

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RStewart

Reaction score
anyone live in oklahoma and want to get a club going? me and my wife are wantint to start one and need to see if there is enough interest. would like to start this year and have a partial season and a full season starting next year.

if you get nrth of eufalua i could and would fish some of your tournaments. i know its a long haul for you but grand has some big creek arms that would be good to fish. hudson would be another good spot especially if you held it in the river going out of hudson lake in near the strang bridge. okhema would be very good for a jon boat tournament as well. let me know if you get anything going.

not sure if we will get that far north. but who knows. i fished a tourney at okemah earlier this year. nice lake. first time i had ever been there.

Hello, I am new to the site , but have a 15 jon and do some fishing, never fished tournys but might be fun , keep me posted if you get somthing going i am in western ok.

drifter said:
Hello, I am new to the site , but have a 15 jon and do some fishing, never fished tournys but might be fun , keep me posted if you get somthing going i am in western ok.

Welcome aboard drifter. i will keep you informed. I havent been able to commit any time to putting this club together cause of other life functions (work). But still hoping to do something this year. Where all do you fish at?

Hello Stew, sounds good, I fish canton, ft cobb, american horse, eufaula, lake livingston tx. lake conroe tx. padra island ,tx matagorda tx. san luis pass tx. :p I fish for bout anything that bites , and trotline cats in spring . Yep i am retired , no job lol. will need to talk with you on boat size my jon is 15x42 alumicraft but if ya measure it straight down middle measures bout 15'6' didnt know bout that most boats are not exactly what mfg says lol. also fish with 8' mini plastic boat in small lakes and ponds.

A few of the lakes I've been contemplating for the tourneys are, sportsman lake in seminole (354 acres), jean neustadt in ardmore (462 acres), guthrie lake in guthrie (274 acres), lake burtschi in chickasha (180 acres), american horse (100 acres). Drifter, I dont know if these are too far for you to travel but if not then I will definately let you know if I can get it together.

Hi i'm new to the site. I live in Ada, and would love to fish in some tournaments. I have a 14' 1954 Larson with a 1969 18hp evinrude motor. She's not very fast or good looking (yet), but she doesn't leak and there isn't any way to find a better deal than what i got on her (free). Thanks to tinboats.net this coming winter my boat is getting a restoration. I would start now, but i don't want to miss any fishing!

spraycrew said:
Hi i'm new to the site. I live in Ada, and would love to fish in some tournaments. I have a 14' 1954 Larson with a 1969 18hp evinrude motor. She's not very fast or good looking (yet), but she doesn't leak and there isn't any way to find a better deal than what i got on her (free). Thanks to tinboats.net this coming winter my boat is getting a restoration. I would start now, but i don't want to miss any fishing!

:WELCOME:
Thanks for joining! :beer: