central mississippi

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cullen said:
brandon ms here u ever fish the rez

Nope I mostly fish deer creek since it runs right by my house, I have fished Ferguson, but that is just too big for my tastes (especally since im a non boater) I am hopeing to hit lake washington once or twice this year though

I'm in Byram, right on Jackson city limit line, south. I would be interested in a MS club! Fairly new to MS, and trying to find places to fish. I have never fished the "Rez", as I've learned folks call it, but tried Calling Panther one time -0-! Man, I didn't even get one bite. But, I won't give up on it. One thing that has frustrated me about fishing in MS is the cost! Just me with boat - $12 a day at the state lakes! Or you can buy a year pass for ------- $150!! We are getting ripped off here compared to other places I have lived. Oh well, have to figure out how to finance my MS fishing, but, the cost really does cause me to not go on some days I would otherwise go. Now, with a club - I would find a way!

I'm right down the road in Hattiesburg.

I don't bass fish (mostly speckled trout since I got hooked on 'em living in Louisiana) but I want to learn how to fish crappie. I know a guide up there (Bo Hudson) and want to get up to the Rez and do some fishing.

When I lived in Brandon I hit the spillway a lot- stripers in the winter and then crappie. I want to get up there and do some of that this year.

thad. said:
I'm right down the road in Hattiesburg.

I don't bass fish (mostly speckled trout since I got hooked on 'em living in Louisiana) but I want to learn how to fish crappie. I know a guide up there (Bo Hudson) and want to get up to the Rez and do some fishing.

When I lived in Brandon I hit the spillway a lot- stripers in the winter and then crappie. I want to get up there and do some of that this year.

Spillway, eh? In winter... got me to thinking, I'll have to try that out. Come on up and let me know, maybe we can meet there...

DuraCraft said:
Spillway, eh? In winter... got me to thinking, I'll have to try that out. Come on up and let me know, maybe we can meet there...

Sounds like a plan!
I used to tear up the hybrids up there when it was cold.

How about we make plans for a meet/fishing trip after the first of the year? If ya'll would like to come further South, my bay boat will fish 4 easy and 5 if needed. We're killing the trout in the Jordan River right now, but Hopedale is a possibility also. I'm out of commission this weekend. I smoked the fuse on my trolling motor during the DMR Tournament Saturday, but finished 4th. I need to run all new wire this weekend. We can go before then if anyone wants to and I'm off of work.

Thad, did you hear about the tides the past couple of days at Breton Sound Marina? I read that these gale force winds blew ALL of the water out and you could see the end of the ramp. I've had to push my Tin boat off of the trailer down there several times in past winters, but Mr. Glenn said it was the lowest anyone could remember. I wouldn't want to try it with the bay boat. A guy at work said that he was dragging bottom in Bayou La Loutre toward Stump Lagoon :shock:

Specknreds said:
How about we make plans for a meet/fishing trip after the first of the year? If ya'll would like to come further South, my bay boat will fish 4 easy and 5 if needed. We're killing the trout in the Jordan River right now, but Hopedale is a possibility also. I'm out of commission this weekend. I smoked the fuse on my trolling motor during the DMR Tournament Saturday, but finished 4th. I need to run all new wire this weekend. We can go before then if anyone wants to and I'm off of work.

I'm down for that.
I'm jammed until Christmas but after that I plan on catching up on some fishing.

I need to hit you up for some spots in BSL. My brother lives in Dhead and my Dad wants to fish over there but I don't know *any* spots.

Specknreds said:
Thad, did you hear about the tides the past couple of days at Breton Sound Marina? I read that these gale force winds blew ALL of the water out and you could see the end of the ramp. I've had to push my Tin boat off of the trailer down there several times in past winters, but Mr. Glenn said it was the lowest anyone could remember. I wouldn't want to try it with the bay boat. A guy at work said that he was dragging bottom in Bayou La Loutre toward Stump Lagoon :shock:

I wondered what was up down there with all the north wind. I knew it had to be blowing some water out and I was definitely going to make some calls before I headed south. That's just crazy, though. Stuck in the mud in the cold is not my idea of fun.

One good thing though- if you can find some water they ought to be stacked up!

Did Glen ever get the hoist going again?