• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1648 alumacraft jet jon with magic tilt trailer.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amk

Reaction score
After breaking a lower unit on my outboard and missing days on the water due to low river flow I decided to build a jet boat. At the time not having the money for a commercially built one I decided to make my own. I took a 16' 48" wide alumacraft and had it cut and welded into the beast it is today. I know I have way more money into this boat than I will ever even get close to recouping if I sale it but I've reached a point where I can afford a larger jet. This boat has absolutely been amazing and is the reason I'm getting a bigger one. I live on the texas coast so sometimes I need to cut across the bay in rough water and winds so this is the only factor that limits this boat.

Originally it had a center console but I removed it and put the rack on it with stick steering. I still have the console if you would like to move back to the console.

All the welding and aluminum $3500
stick steering $400
solas ss 12 vane mag jet pump $650
solas hooker ss prop $200
Yamaha 760cc engine was from a 96 wave raider just had it COMPLETELY rebuilt... brand new crankshaft, new pistons, cylinders honed, brand new performance reeds, carbs rebuilt, new seals and gaskets, new cdi and stator. Its basically a 2015 motor with a 96 case. $2000 rebuilt.
(The motor is a stock rebuild with the exception of the upgraded reeds)
The hull itself brand new in 2012 was $3000 obviously now it isn't an outboard hull anymore.
Magic tilt trailer new in 2012 $2300.
28 gallon moeller fuel tank. $220
Titles for boat and trailer.

I had the motor rebuilt because I wanted it to be reliable and putting all this money into the boat I really didn't intend to sale it but I've got the itch for a 20' 70" wide boat now so my river boat needs a new home. It will run in the 40's although it gets pretty spooky going that fast on it. It planes in about 2ft of distance, runs in spit, and will haul a load 5 people and not struggle at all.

I'll ask $5,500 obo. I'm definitely upside down on it but it served its purpose and was a blast to own. To a serious buyer I would try to work out logistics to maybe save you some drive time but you would have to be basically 100% sure you were going to buy it.
(979)533-9015

pics. one has the console one has the stick steer airboat style seating.

Also boat has bildge on electric switch boat and the led lights all work. Also it has hydroturf throughout the boat.

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=34522

that's the original build thread link. Originally I made it with a 650 which ran fine but I of course wanted more hp and got the 760.

Attachments

• IMG_2046[1].JPG
    IMG_2046[1].JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,175
  • IMG_1397[1].JPG
    IMG_1397[1].JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 2,175