1973 Johnson 25HP Prop Bushing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednecknproud21

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can the rubber bushing that goes inside the prop between the brass and aluminum. This is a shear pin style prop. I know several people might tell me to replace the whole prop but I would like to repair the one I have. Seeing how I just bought it. There is nothing currently wrong with the prop other than slipping on that bushing. I pressed out the bushing it seems like it just dried out over time from lack of use. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also does anyone know of a epoxy or glue that will adhere to rubber and aluminum to repair the prop I have if I can't find the bushing.

You have to replace the whole bushing, it's a one piece design where the rubber is cast onto the brass, you then press that into the prop hub. There's a company that makes them still and their not too pricey, I purchased and replaced 2 on my props last year. I'll see if I can find their info.

Www.Hmshubs.com
It's their vs-10 that should work with your prop.

Latest posts