1988 Sea Nymph Fishing Machine (v-hull) Modding!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job, did you waterseal your plywood under the carpet and if you did, did the carpet adhesive stick ok?
I also wanted to put a pedestool seat in the back but I couldn't reach the tiller. How does that work for you?
Have Fun!

neveraseven said:
Nice job, did you waterseal your plywood under the carpet and if you did, did the carpet adhesive stick ok?
I also wanted to put a pedestool seat in the back but I couldn't reach the tiller. How does that work for you?
Have Fun!

Thanks! Yes, I used Behr waterseal on the plywood (two coats) and several extra on the cut areas and sides. I had no problem with the carpet adhesive sticking at all. I did use stainless staples on the underside just to keep things tight and in place. As far as the tiller, I am able to reach it fine. I wanted to put two seat bases in the back, one specifically for driving but the one in place now seems to work fine. :mrgreen:

I'm worrying about the same thing.If you could,would you get a pic of you sitting in the seat working the tiller so that I could visualize it.

What you could do and what I've done in the past with good results is buy an extra pedistal. Cut it in half, smooth the edge on the base side. Tap out the plastic top reciever and drive it back into the now shorty pedistal. Use the shorty for running and you can also stick it on a regular size pedictal as an extention and put it up front with a butt seat as a cheep alternative to one of them gas filled things. I've done this with my last two boats without problems.