Fishing log

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xmas trees for habitat? In my state that would involve so many environmental consultants it would likely cost $10,000 per tree. :)

I doubt that NY is much better than CA in that matter. I do know they have allowed it on a local lake. It might be contained to one bay, though. I have also found them on lakes that shouldn't be in. ;)

Kind of funny to think we fished for years without one. Didn't know what we were missing I guess.

The Navionics web app (free) allows zooming in on an area. I know you don't want pics but might be cool to show the spot with bottom contours, etc. The one attached shows a section near the Belle Starr Marina.

View attachment 117521
Fair area to fish but not great. Much better fishing just west of that area. Around Gentry Creek and Greys Creek.

Dropping Xmas trees in the lake is normal. Some folks actually build what is known as Crappie houses. Slender cylinders of PVC with small holes which they insert tree limbs in. Some get very creative in design.
They call em 'fish cribs' round here. Build em out of rail road ties. Same concept, different execution. Both work well :giggle:

Man, love me some crappie.

Moosehorn 22 (39).JPG

I doubt that NY is much better than CA in that matter. I do know they have allowed it on a local lake. It might be contained to one bay, though. I have also found them on lakes that shouldn't be in. ;)

I was being kind of sarcastic. My state spends an incredible amount of money but is not very effective at getting things done.

First time I've heard of a government acting like that! You should complain before other gov't bodies do the same.;)

I think we still might win the award for most disfunctional. 15 years ago we voters approved a $9 billion bond for a high speed rail from SF to LA. Have spent that and more. Gone! They say it will only take $80 billion more to complete the project & want the Fed to provide that. So, what has $9 billion gotten us? Guess how much track as been laid? Yep, exactly not even one foot of track. That is what $9 billion spent in over 15 years gets you.

OK, rant over.

Just for fun, here is a screen shot of the Gentry Creek area.

View attachment 117541
Very nice campground with tent camping right on the shore. The have really clean and well maintained restrooms and showers. You can tent camp and fish at the same time. At 10:00 PM they close the gates to the campground you can get out but can not get back in. You missed the bay to the west which is one of the hottest Crappie fishing areas on the lake. The shore line and backwaters on the east in pic is really good for Crappie and my favorite Flatheathead. Open water especially along old creek bed is good for cats during the summer. Lower portion of pic. West of pic is where Deep Fork River empties into lake. I plan on hitting the boat ramp at Deep Fork which is five miles from the house and travel about 4 miles south down into the lake. Will have my favorite campsite reserved. Wife will pick up the truck and trailer and come back at designated time. I know the people that live and run the campsite and we get along great. Loud music or rowdy parties will get you kicked out in a heartbeat. 99% are families and old people. Water sport types go to campgrounds south of pic. Forgot to mention the Bass fishing. It is really hot during the early spring just north of your pic. Shoreline on east side of pic is heavy shale rock. The rest of area is covered in brush. Being 65 years old I get a discount and being a veteran I get a really big discount. My favorite campsite runs me about $5.00 dollars a night.

I think we still might win the award for most disfunctional. 15 years ago we voters approved a $9 billion bond for a high speed rail from SF to LA. Have spent that and more. Gone! They say it will only take $80 billion more to complete the project & want the Fed to provide that. So, what has $9 billion gotten us? Guess how much track as been laid? Yep, exactly not even one foot of track. That is what $9 billion spent in over 15 years gets you.

OK, rant over.
I am actually a Native Californian. Born in Ventura and up to my 17th birthday lived in San Bernardino county. Have not seen California in over 30 years. Does not sound as if I missed much.

I am actually a Native Californian. Born in Ventura and up to my 17th birthday lived in San Bernardino county. Have not seen California in over 30 years. Does not sound as if I missed much.

San Bernardino county is a big place. In fact, it is larger than nine other states and countries like Switzerland & Denmark.

Lived in Alta Loma with my parents for awhile and then I moved out to Victorville. Back then Victorville was a real hole in the wall. I have seen pictures of it recently and can not believe how much it has grown. Back when I lived there it was mostly trailers and old beat up bars. Where I used to ride dirt bikes is now housing tracks and shopping malls. From what I understand Silverwood Lake is real popular now. Use to be real good catfish and striper fishing.