Help identifying a boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattA

Reaction score
Hello everyone I just acquired a 1961 Texas Maid boat but I can't find anything on it. Title says model is a Maid but I know that's not right. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240314_160150.jpg
    20240314_160150.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 2
  • received_242574408921336.jpeg
    received_242574408921336.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240302_093909.jpg
    20240302_093909.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 2
If the title reads “Maid”, and the data plate reads “Texas Maid”, why do you believe it is not a Maid, or Texas Maid. It sounds like a little play on words. Texas Boat Manufacturing Company INC, manufactured a boat in Texas, the boat was made in Texas, hence the Texas Maid.

I like the lines and hull shape, nice boat!

If the title reads “Maid”, and the data plate reads “Texas Maid”, why do you believe it is not a Maid, or Texas Maid. It sounds like a little play on words. Texas Boat Manufacturing Company INC, manufactured a boat in Texas, the boat was made in Texas, hence the Texas Maid.

I like the lines and hull shape, nice boat!
It's a Texas Maid built but that's not the model. If been looking up information but its very limited since they went out of business. What I found is its a 1960 Texas Maid Standard . When they did the title it somehow got wrong information on it. No telling how many different people owned it lol.

You are looking for the model not the make. Try searching images online. Search for Texas Boat MFG and also for Texas Maid and scan until you see one with those distinctive gunnel supports.

I had a boat years ago, and didn't even know if that corner cap that said "Crestliner" came with the boat. I searched Crestliner, and eventually discovered a pic of a little speed boat, with a front hood and seats like a car. Turned out, I had a 1957 Crestliner Viking that someone had gutted, cut the hood off, and turned it into a jon boat. It was worth the time searching for it.

I hope you can find which model you have. It's distinctive looking, which may make it easier.

You are looking for the model not the make. Try searching images online. Search for Texas Boat MFG and also for Texas Maid and scan until you see one with those distinctive gunnel supports.

I had a boat years ago, and didn't even know if that corner cap that said "Crestliner" came with the boat. I searched Crestliner, and eventually discovered a pic of a little speed boat, with a front hood and seats like a car. Turned out, I had a 1957 Crestliner Viking that someone had gutted, cut the hood off, and turned it into a jon boat. It was worth the time searching for it.

I hope you can find which model you have. It's distinctive looking, which may make it easier.
I finally found some old brochures on line with measurements. And it appears to be a 1960 standard. what do y'all think ?

Attachments

• Texasmaidb60004.jpg
    Texasmaidb60004.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
100% Texas Maid as evidenced by the diamond-oriented bow sheet. All models of TM had that distinctive rivet pattern. Pretty interesting company chartered by 5 Lone Star executives in 1957 - including RW McDonnell.

I think you're spot-on with the 1960 Standard ID.
The 22hp cap is a good confirmation.

**Edit: the 1959 Standard also was rated for 22hp.
The Standard apparently ran from '57 to '61 when it was replaced with the Rio Rey.
Only '59 and '60 were a 22hp rating. The trade sheets from '59 state a 61in beam and the sheet from '60 shows a 60in beam (below). All other measurements were the same.
Color scheme might dial it in if one could find some old literature that shows it. (your boat appears to have some remnants of the factory design still showing)

(fwiw, I have a '57 TM Osprey and the serial was stamped on the outside starboard transom, literally in the rub rail. I'm unsure if that would be a consistent location, though.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240325-104020_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240325-104020_Chrome.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: