Major upgrade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny1

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 14 foot lonestar and figure next year should have it in the water. The boat is taken a lot of time and money to get it ready. One upgrade is really costing me nothing. Started last month on a diet and have now lost 14 pounds. Due to health reasons over the last two years I got fat. Last month at the Indian clinic weighed in at 303 pounds. That was my wake up call. Plan on getting down to 190-200 pound range. Figure that should go a long ways on enjoying the boat.

Good luck! I'm rootin' for ya.

I think you're right; loosing the weight will really increase your enjoyment of time on the water.

Many years ago, a coworker likened carrying added weight to carrying around a sack of bowling balls. He lost the equivalent of two 16 lb bowling balls. His joints quit hurting when he "put the bowling balls down." I tried it and put down three bowling balls. He was right.

You're on your way! Bowling ball #1 is being put on the floor now!

It will help with more than just being on the boat. I was 270lbs a few yrs back and due to a injury in the military my lumbar spar is fubar. Doc told me loosing weight would help and would buy me more time before major surgery ( fusions/discectomy). I did keto/carnivore diet and I'm down to 195lbs. Giving up the carbs and sugars was hard at first but it's been worth it. My back problems are still there but it doesn't effect my quality of life as much like it use to. I'll still need the surgery at some point but at my age (39) I hope to be able to put that off for many more years yet.