New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi my name is brent and I love the old boats I recently bought an old Lonestar Saratoga runabout and was wondering if anybody had any information about them. Keep fishing!
1422357_761904113826920_2011354645_n.jpg1000614_761904057160259_1026187211_n.jpg1466315_761904143826917_555202504_n.jpg1458699_761904240493574_1718640580_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1000614_761904057160259_1026187211_n.jpg
    1000614_761904057160259_1026187211_n.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 4,502
  • 1466315_761904143826917_555202504_n.jpg
    1466315_761904143826917_555202504_n.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 4,502
  • 1458699_761904240493574_1718640580_n.jpg
    1458699_761904240493574_1718640580_n.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 4,502
I'm a newbie, saw the site mentioned on youtube. Been enjoying reading it the last few days. Not yet a tin owner. Have had 2 boats,12' fiberglass rowboat that was un-rowable, got schooled on 2 cycle outboards at the time. Sold the best one, and kept the hillbilly rope starting, smokin outboard. Great setup till we expanded our family and added our second son. Picked up a Lyncraft runabout from the original owners, all wood with fiber skins. Ran great, till we changed vehicles and wife wouldn't allow a new hitch to be installed. :cry:

Boat sat and sadly we ended up donating the boat, trailer and motor to VOA. Hopefully it got put back in service and running lakes again.

I'm a Bow hunter that finally has the deer thing down, I think. :eek: Oldest son now in college, youngest soon to follow. Wached a few bowfishing videos and would like to try my hand on some carp, we got plenty. Been watching waterfowl hunting and thought that might be fun to add to the mix. So while planning on making a layout boat. I hear the wife comment about how she misses going fishing and would like to go this spring. :?: Layboat = Me, or could buy an Aluminum boat for 2 or 3 and enjoy the company, and spread the love joy, and cost justified easier. :mrgreen:

So i'm now on the lookout for a tin boat that I can fix up and make my own, do a little fishing, duckhunting and bowfishing out of. Scoped out one of the tiny ponds that I could do all 3, and shallow entry is the name of the game.

Now just need to complete some more honey do projects, and find a tin hopefully fairly close.
Wish me well.
Update It really was a "Good Friday". Bought my first item off CL and jumped on a deal and ran like I stole it. My first Tin, 11ft SeaMaid it's 42 wide and is in great condition. Will do a leak test and replace the transom and eventually will give it a camo paint job. Got a 18lb Trolling motor as well, have never used one should be fun. Couldn't pass on the fiberglass Water Wheeler pedal boat, needs a little TLC and might get a cutsie paint job or camo can't yet decide. Wife not yet impressed, but I know I'll still be smiling when I nod off tonight.

Reading all the articles has been a HUGE help in deciding what I wanted in a boat.
Thanks.

Cashew

I'm from West Central Florida and love just about everything about the water. Just purchased a Weld Craft 1444 MV with a Honda BF20 and decided to join the forum after "lurking" for awhile. My "other" boat is a Hewes RF16 and I tow both with a Jeep Wrangler. My wife and I spend a lot of time visiting the Keys (Love to Lobster) and share our time here in Crystal River between the Gulf and many local Springs.

Been lurking a year, finally joined up. Great forum.

Southeast GA, own my first boat. Have two daughters and newborn twin sons, so my chances of using it are slim to none.

I'm 67 years old and was born and raised in the hills of SW VA. I am retired and mostly fish the Holston River for Smallmouth bass. The boat I fish the Holston in is a 2011 Lowe Roughneck 1655 Center Console, motor is a 2005 Mercury 60/40 jet two stroke with a Rockproof poly intake. I recently replaced the Minn Kota Edge 70lb TM shown in the photo with a MK 80lb Terrova with I-Pilot

Boat3.jpg

Hi everyone. I just retired after 30 years in the Air Force and 15 years working for TRW and NGC. Wife called my card last March (2013) and asked some question that I really could not answer. So I sold my house in Utah and moved to MO. Live close to some of the best fishing around. Finally got a house that accommodates trucks, cars and boats. The weather has been on the bad side but that allows me to get everything done in the house that needs to be done. But when the weather breaks I am on the lake!! I found this site while trying to resolve a leaking live well drain line issue. Came up with a temp fix. Hope that holds until I get contacted by the person who did a complete rebuild on his 1987 Tracker Guide Special V-16. Yeah That is what I have and other than the drain line it is like new. It spent the last 13 years in the garage and was used to store Christmas cookies awaiting frosting during the holidays. Weird but true!!!

Post Scriptum

Just in case you were wondering my wife made the trip with me.

Hey everyone!

My name is Sullivan (you can call me Sully) i am 24 years young; and yes Sullivan is my first name not the last! I live in southern Rhode Island and i have been fishing most of my life. But have become an avid fresh and salt water fisherman over the past 4 years now.

I love to fish for freshwater Bass. This is def my favorite thing to do by far. I do enjoy fishing for striped bass at my local breach-ways as well.

I currently own an Uncle bucks pond prowler 10 foot boat from Bass pro-shops. This has been a wonderful boat and has gotten me through the past few years of fishing. But i have joined this website barbecue its time to buy a Jon boat and modify it to be my Bassin rig for quite some time.

Hey ya'll,

Im from South Georgia and do mostly bass fishing. I spend most of my time on Lake Seminole. I have two tinboats a 2006 Bass Tracker Pro Team 190tx and an 1983 Duracraft Super Star. Ive really enjoyed reading posts so I finally decided to join up.

New member here. I am a FA Army Sergeant stationed in NNY. Bass Fishing, family, and helping others are my passions. Some might recognize me from another forum, however I am a huge fan of tin boats so it was only right to register after lurking in the shadows here for some time.

I currently have a 2011 G3 1442 I bought new with a newer 20hp tiller. Its a slow project, however being that it is a riveted short transom I will only invest enough to make it a comfortable boat for awhile until I build a project jon. I will post pics of my current rig soon. I intend on building on a 14' open flat bottom all weld hull as wide as I can find. I am also interested in jet lower possibly.

I love jon boats and have owned one or more most of my life. I enjoy launching in skinny water and flood areas that are inaccessible to a glass boat. Power tilt and a oar are essential tools for the fishing that I do.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk with the most knowledgeable tin boat guys and gals out there.

Hello all, I have recently found your wonderful forum and have read a lot about others projects. Very good ideas floating around here. I am presently in the market for a new boat as I sold my 13" Valco. It had a 18 horse Johnson with a prop. I am making the change because I am tired of buying props. I need a jet pump. I live in Idaho on the head waters to Brownlee reservoir and Hells Canyon. We fish and hunt the rivers year around. The launch ramp is 1/2 mile from house. Rest be sure when I get another boat Ill post it up. It will be either a out board jet or maybe a Jet Jon project. Take care and thank you. He Reigns

I forgot to post a obligatory pic. This is my youngest son with a 44 lbs cat fish my oldest son noodled, my boys put together only weigh 175 lbs. Youngest lays claim to having helped oldest with the fish because it was to much for one person to handle. In addition to my crazy kids noodling we catch with a pole, bass, crappie, cats, suckers, carp, trout all within 15 minutes of house.

Hello everyone. I recently purchased my first boat. It is a 1996 lund tyee 1950 gran sport. The previous owner hit a dead head with the motor while he was cruising and damaged the transom. Basically I have to replace the transom wood, patch one small hole, and hang a motor on it. [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399063594869.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399063617055.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399063594869.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399063594869.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,443
  • uploadfromtaptalk1399063617055.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399063617055.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,443
hi! names Jake. currently stationed in Norfolk VA with the Navy. originally from a little town named Irondale Ohio. will be moving back there in the winter when my enlistment is up but in the mean time i have found myself a little 11 ft jon boat to turn into a one man fishing machine! if anyone else is in the hampton roads area and has any tips on where to catch some decent fresh water fish please get a hold of me. Thanks and looking forward to learning some stuff! (some the hard way but hopefully some the easy way!)

Haven't hit up this part yet so, here I am. :) I'm YJ (aka Herb). I live in NW Georgia, Love bass fishin' and recently acquired my first boat and motor, both of which need a lot of help. I am 62 yrs young and disabled/retired. Also do a lot of flower gardening and photography. I live alone with my little dog, Buddy, and my mouser, Nikki.
I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.

Hey guys, my name is Andrew, I am 24 years old. I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio and still live in the area. I am a new home estimator with a local custom home builder and have a bachelor's degree in construction engineering technology. I just recently purchased my first boat, a 1970 Lone Star semi-v and was given a 1951 Johnson Seahorse QD-12 from my grandfather. I intend to restore the boat over the course of the next year or so and will be documenting the restoration on here. I am happily married with my first little one on the way. I spend a lot of time in the portage lakes and in the buckeye lake area so if anyone has any tips on good fishing spots there I would appreciate it. I am looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully helping others out too. Thanks!

Latest posts