06.08.10 Potomac River, MD... Snakehead!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
Well, my family and I took our vacation to MD. The plan was to take the first 3 days and support our pastor who was in revival in Glennwood and then spend the next 3-4 days traveling back along the Blue Ridge Parkway back home to TN. Traveling the entire BRP had been on my bucket list for a while and I was excited at the opportunity to check that one off my list. We arrived in Woodbine, MD Saturday around noon and met up with our pastor and some friends. After an awesome service Saturday night, we went back to one of the deacon's house who had agreed to put us up for the few days we were going to be there. The next day I was excited to find out that he was a fishermen who loved bass. The kids were even more excited to find out that he had a pond at his house where they could fish and play. I've posted a link to some pictures of their fun in the pond below. After a couple of great revival services he talked us in to staying an extra day so I could go fish the Potomac River with him and my pastor on Tuesday (8th). We were up before daybreak and on our way, we arrived just as the sun was getting up. This was my first time fishing tidal water and I was excited to see what it held. We started off on a windy flat that produced nothing. Our second stop looked more promising as we worked our way back into a shallow cove. We fished this cove for several hours and were able to land 9 bass and 1 big, mean ugly looking Snakehead. This was the first one my guide said he had ever caught and Man it was a scary looking creature. The tide began to move out and so we moved out of the cove and moved up the river closer to DC. It was a neat feeling to be fishing while looking at the Washington Monument. We caught 1 more bass before deciding to call it a day. All in all we landed 10 bass (2 around 4lbs) and a Snakehead! It was a fun day for sure. I've posted a few pics below and the links to the albums with all the pics from the Pond and the Potomac. Thank the good Lord for the new friends we made and the time with family and on the water.

God Bless & Good Fishing!

MD Pond Fishing Album
https://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z136/G3_Guy/Fishing Pics/MD - Pond Fishing/

IMG00230-20100610-1415.jpg
IMG00175-20100606-1702.jpg

Potomac River Album:
https://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z136/G3_Guy/Fishing Pics/MD - Potomac River/June 08 2010/

IMG00201-20100608-0900.jpg
IMG00197-20100608-0756.jpg
IMG00199-20100608-0833.jpg
IMG00204-20100608-0921.jpg

IMG00202-20100608-0903.jpg

I think most states have a do not release order on the snakehead it may be too late to stop them now

Snakeheads are nasty creatures and can really destroy a fishery.

Nice Bass...always wanted to fish the Potomac.

I actually just watched a thing on animal planet about snakeheads, and how they're trying to get rid of them.

Congrats on all the bass! My buddy from Mich State just fished an FLW tournament down there and they only managed one keeper.. while other schools had no problem catching 5 lunkers (those who were smart enough to fish 20 yards from the boat launch to catch what the pros weighed in the day before lol)

Latest posts