12 foot boat trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunkstripe

Reaction score
Ok here's my question. I have rollers on my trailer and would like to switch to bunks. The boat when it sits on the trailer. Is supported by 3 rollers down the middle. And 2 small 2x4 in the rear. My question is does it have to be supported by the runner down the middle or can it be supported on eather side. Say about the distance between the outer sides of the rollers. It is a 12 foot semi vee sea nymph. Will try to add a pic to try to explain my question. Thanks. Hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_20130430_123050.jpg
    IMG_20130430_123050.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 642
You could stand to run your 2x4 bunks up further on the trailer and leave the rollers on it also. That way it cand support a little more weight such as ice chest, gas tank depending on where you put it. tackle boxes, ect. Good luck and happy fishing.

Ok I think I posted this question in the wrong place. If I can figure out how to move it I'll move it to the trailer part of the forum. Sorry for the mistake.

Oh thanks for the advise I really was wanting to try to get away from the rollers. This is my first vee bottom boat. Those little rollers are a pain to line up with when you're trying to load it. My other boat was a 14 foot flat bottom and the trailer had bunks easy to load. Any way was wanting to get away from the rollers if at all possible. Thanks.

BrazosDon said:
You could stand to run your 2x4 bunks up further on the trailer and leave the rollers on it also. That way it cand support a little more weight such as ice chest, gas tank depending on where you put it. tackle boxes, ect. Good luck and happy fishing.

It's up to you, but I think I would do the same as above post.