12 volt vs 24 volt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigTerp said:
RiverBottomOutdoors said:
I us a 24V #80 with an aftermarket Kippawa prop. The prop makes all the difference in the world.

I need to give one of these a try. Have read a lot of good things about them. More overall power with a Kippawa?

Night and day over a two-blade prop, the Kippawa prop moves a lot more water. When you smack the throttle with the Kippawa you get an immediate response. The Kippawa prop does increase the amp load on the motor (slightly) and this can void the warranty (so put the OEM prop on before making a warranty claim lol)

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Night and day over a two-blade prop, the Kippawa prop moves a lot more water. When you smack the throttle with the Kippawa you get an immediate response. The Kippawa prop does increase the amp load on the motor (slightly) and this can void the warranty (so put the OEM prop on before making a warranty claim lol)

Cool, thanks. I read about the amp draw increase, so was a bit hesitant on them due to that. Mines an '04 or '06 MK Maxxum, so warranty has been long gone. I did burn up the positive wire in the head earlier this year. It was literally smoking while fighting river current. Luckily I didn't start a fire. It was due to corrosion at one of the butt connectors. Cut out all the bad crap and re-wired, also re-wired all the connectors on the foot pedal while I was at it. So I'm sure it'll now handle the extra load just fine.