14-40 Lowe jon repair and fix up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=323708#p323708 said:
BigTerp » 26 Jul 2013, 08:35[/url]"]Coming along nicely. Alot of this work is tedious!! I feel the same way as you sometimes, like nothing is gettig done. But in reality we are making good progress.

my biggest thing is i didnt really have it planned out like i should have... i had 3 different directions i wanted to go, and jumped in to it...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=323752#p323752 said:
marshman » 51 minutes ago[/url]"]
my biggest thing is i didnt really have it planned out like i should have... i had 3 different directions i wanted to go, and jumped in to it...

Sometimes it's best to jump right in. You might still be trying to figure out what direction you want to go if not. My initial plans have changed some as well. It's nice to be able to see how things are going to turn out as you go and make changes accordingly.

got all my decks cut out, framed up, ready to roll.... sprayed some bedliner material in my bilge area...fixing to flip the hull back over so i can get busy painting...

got all my panels laid out so i can seal them up and get a good coat of paint on them....paint is mostly just to help keep them waterproof, not appearance...il be covering them with carpet... i mis-cut my front deck addition, but im gonna put an aluminum trim piece that will fix it up and look i knew what i doing!! i hate wood!!

got my jackplate all cleaned up...i put a primer coat on it, but i think i may strip it back off and leave it bare aluminum... i dont think a paintjob will hold up on a jackplate...it would need to be powdercoated...

another test fit of my trolling motor all back together...i custom painted a few parts..nothing too special... still trying to figure what im gonna build to mount it to...i gotta build up some kind of elevated pod that will bolt to the deck....

ill be priming the hull tomorrow..

this project kinda died... can't get paperwork for the boat to get the numbers and registration so just kinda quit working on it... may finish it one day and just sell it as a "pond boat"...

I hopped over and started redoing a weld craft 15-42 all welded hull.. it's a great hull, gonna be a super nice little rig when done!! i made another thread for it..

Decided to revisit this project... Gonna paint it, and put it back together... No rigging... Just gonna paint and blog the transom together and seal it up and sell it... I have my weldcraft to fish out of... This has just been taking up space..and I can use a few extra dollars... Paint and hardware has already been bought..

Went ahead and moved it in to my workspace today and blocked up to paint the outside and bottom... I had already scuff sanded it, gonna go back over it a little bit and prime the bare spots...

It probably really needs steel flex but I really don't want to spend that kinda money on it... Gonna use rustoleum, and roll it on... I have never done this before so no idea how the results will be..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 298