1448 lowe line first boat project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Mak

Reaction score
I bought a 1984 Lowe line 1448 flat bottom boat a few weeks ago when I bought it carpet was peeling off everywhere it had no motor a peice of plywood screwed over original casting deck. Since them I have replace the wood in the transom added a 25 horse Johnson and today started extending the casting deck out to 4 foot long. I haven't decided what carpet I wanna use. Te boat will mainly be used to catfish and brim fish and take my wife and kids out on the water. Sometimes we bowfish and bass fish also. I'm hoping tomorrow to finish the deck minus carpet before work still gotta build my legs in the back and build my storage doors. I already have the plywood cut for the floors just not in yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,199
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,199
Welcome aboard. Your project looks good.

Be certain to not use treated lumber ( appears you already knew that ).

As far as carpet ( I haven't done this yet on mine)..Lowes had some grey thin outdoor carpet that came in 12-foot widths. I am going to look at that seriously.

Just read, on this site I believe, that someone put carpet on that had a very high nap. That high nap now catches every hook when he sets a rod down. That is why I am interested in the thin, low nap, carpet at Lowes.

My Lowe 1648 has all metal decks. No carpet or other covering. Gets too hot in the sun.

Good luck...richg99

I think I'm gonna build aluminum frame and floor later on when my budget will let me and I will look into that carpet I don't want my kids getting burnt out in the sun. The boat has a long way to go I'm gonna do the inside then paint it later fog ute since I use it often I may as well make the inside how I want it before I worry much about cosmetics.

Latest posts