14ft 1965 Lonestar Commander Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander65

Reaction score
Thought I would share how my project is coming along since I have gotten so many great ideas from this site.Boat1.JPG
This is the original paint color after i pressure washed the inch of gunk off of it.
Boat2.JPG
I could have left it alone at this point since it was clean and didn't leak..... but what fun would that be?
Boat3.JPG
Sanding down most of the runs in the paint from the previous owner and getting rid of loose paint
Boat4.JPG
scuffed the remainded of the boat in preperation for paint.
Boat5.JPG
sprayed the blue (pictures doesn't do it justice, it looks amazing in the sun with the metalic flake in it.)
Boat7.JPG
Sprayed the Silver
Boat6.JPG
Boat8.JPG
I made a new wooden transom, its too shiny in this picture, better one below
Boat9.JPG
Started Framing for the decking
Boat10.JPG
Starting to come together.
Started to capret decking last night, will get more pictures up tomorrow!

I have seen a lot of people that put their overflow outlet for the livewell below the waterline on the outside of the boat. I would think this would make the water backup in the overflow line. I am guessing this is not true since so many have done it. Just looking for confirmation before i proceed to put mine in a similar location.

Love the paint job, really nice. I have a identical boat I'm starting to redo. All that my title says is it's a 1971 Chrysler Model,Chry.

cr4evans said:
Love the paint job, really nice. I have a identical boat I'm starting to redo. All that my title says is it's a 1971 Chrysler Model,Chry.
Yeah, I think the paint turned out pretty good, atleast from a couple feet away :D
If anyone wants to know what colors they are. Its Ford Flame Blue Metalic on top and Ford Ingot Silver on the bottom.

Some pictures of decking the boat
Boat11.JPG
Framed front with waterproofed 2x2's
Boat12.JPG
Added a onboard charger to make sure the boat is always ready to fish when I am
Boat13.JPG
Placed decking in place with the front hatch and livewell cut out
Boat14.JPG
Middle livewell bench (will plumb later)
Boat15.JPG
Front Hatch
Boat16.JPG
Front Hatch Close up
Boat17.JPG
Now to do the back deck, run wires and seats!

Wow! That's an awesome paint job! I am starting a restore/mod on an old 57 Lone Star, may need to pick you brain a little on how you set up some of the structure for your deck.

Latest posts