15hp sears motor question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gharmon

Reaction score
Just acquired a 1978 Sears(eska) 15hp motor the guy said it ran but has not been touched for six years. I'm not to familiar with outboards but I'm pretty mechanically inclined ,but What should I do before trying to crank it up(besides cleaning motor and carb)?

I would also set it with the spark plugs up, put a bit of oil in the cylinders and let it soak awhile. then I'd turn it over by hand to make sure it is freed up and moving before I'd try to crank it up .

when you say water pump does that mean replace it or just take it out clean it and put it back in? Thanks for the quick replys

found the impeller at sears but what about the gaskets? Here is a link what all do I need off of it?
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=217586330&productCategoryId=1305320&brandId=0247&brandDescription=CRAFTSMAN&modelName=15.0-H.P.-OUTBOARD-MOTOR&diagramPageId=00004&componentDescription=GEAR%20HOUSING%20ASSEMBLY&documentId=00001063&blt=06

Latest posts