16' Naden resurrection.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2e37f6c110170a3029b944321d97f247.jpg

Tried every spot I could think of to mount my fish finder where it was convenient and safe from people moving around (mostly clutzy me). Ended up bending a piece of aluminum to make this mount. When not in use, I can stow it under the splash well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4ed9e198bffc77bf2927d4a436409ad0.jpg

Threw the hose in it tonight just to make sure I didn't create any leaks during the whole process. It didn't leak before and appears there are none I could find. I'm pretty much ready to go fishing.

A couple pics of the Naden on fishing trips last year. It has turned out to be a good boat and I get compliments on it.

Attachments

• 337D9C8C-93D8-44A7-A337-2F38B7BD4005.jpeg
    337D9C8C-93D8-44A7-A337-2F38B7BD4005.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 1,366
  • 13E6D7AB-C84A-49FD-BDC6-FF4D5AFA1C0A.jpeg
    13E6D7AB-C84A-49FD-BDC6-FF4D5AFA1C0A.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,366
The paint job looks great. You have a great looking boat. It has good lines. Way back when I used to turn bowls and boxes. To make them appealing to the eye I applied the golden ratio. Same concept applies to boats. Some designs just look better than others.

Weldorthemagnificent said:
I had to google golden ratio, so I learned something today. Thanks.

I made a set of "golden ratio calipers" (see below). Very helpful when designing a shape. Anyway, people say boats have "good lines" (referring primarily to the sheerline). Who knows why a smooth curve up to the bow is appealing to most people, but it seems to be that way. I think whoever designed your Naden had a keen sense of aesthetics. (Hopefully the fish will like it too - haha).

Caliper.JPG

b2b8e74dd25897cd5e0985510ada933c.jpg
8f5547b735d3dbd6a90a0b67e4ef28e0.jpg
6ac7b9dfcaa485ddb28bd33f4ce10253.jpg

The fish seem to like it. Mostly little ones, maybe should have painted it a different color! From top, me, my buddy and my son.

Definitely a nice looking boat, I'm a fan of breathing new life into old boats and the KISS principal, so I like this boat a lot.
But the removing paint after paint us a real PITA, I've stuck to wire wheels myself, it might rough up at aluminum but its easy buff them back a bit and it makes the etch primer grip better and the paint makes it smooth.

Bob9863 said:
Definitely a nice looking boat, I'm a fan of breathing new life into old boats and the KISS principal, so I like this boat a lot.
But the removing paint after paint us a real PITA, I've stuck to wire wheels myself, it might rough up at aluminum but its easy buff them back a bit and it makes the etch primer grip better and the paint makes it smooth.

In the boating world, it is more like KISS you money goodby cause it is constantly being sucked into the vortex. LOL.

It has been said that a boat is a hole in the water that you throw your money into. Lol. I’m not too far into this one that I won’t come out ok when I sell it but I think I may keep it a while. I have another one, a 12’ sea king that I’m going to pretty up a bit once I clear the garage of a couple projects.
Thanks for the comments!

f1b04265d2e02bae23616e7c0ec8b140.jpg

8abd7f76194c62a1cbb1f249606f1407.jpg

920e922c0f6b0d3b3338fef6759960cf.jpg

A couple upgrades as I get ready for fishing this season. Yeah I know I’m way late but I got sidetracked with a little 12’ sea king I was working on. Anyways, I added 1/4” aluminum plates on both sides of the transom, jacked up the motor 1/2” and bolted it through. Drilling the holes tells me the transom wood is ok so I have a few years before I have to worry about it.
Also am doing some trailer work, adding bunk boards and will be adding some guide pipes so it’s easier to load out of the water.
Cheers.

I love the red! I was really debating between sale blue and red, but after seeing the pictures of yours in the water I am going with red and doing the trailer to match.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Beautiful boat there. I’m fixing one up as well. Was wondering about the font you used and size of your sticker, as i’m looking to re-label mine once i repaint it.

Latest posts