16' Starcraft winter project **finished Pics page5**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gluvit applied, Transom installed and bow cap started. Next steps will include floor,front and back deck, install a new front gunnel and a ton of other stuff. I think I am going to glass the plywood bow cap to the front bow rail for added strength and to make it seamless so when i install the carpet it looks nice. I also need to sell my other boat so I can get some money for some other fun stuff. Oh and I need to finish doing the carb on the motor. new impeller and put new points and condensers in. And then hope that that will be enough to get the motor running good enough for the summer. Man that sounds like a lot. Oh and I have a daughter due in May. What are my chances of finishing before then?? not good probably.. :lol:

Attachments

• transomplate.jpg
    transomplate.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1,292
  • bowcap.jpg
    bowcap.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,292
  • transominstalled.jpg
    transominstalled.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,292
I got some of the bow gunnel roughed in. The plan is to use luan to go vertically down the gunnel to match the existing aluminum gunnel. I'm using luan because I think it will be easy to contour to the bend and once glassed it will be strong I'm thinking. Then I am going to glass the whole front bow area together to make it smooth and solid. Lotta work but something needed to be done and once carpeted I think it will look good. It will be much stronger than the aluminum that was left there from when it was originally converted to open bow.

Attachments

• gunnelply.jpg
    gunnelply.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 1,267
stone4140 said:
Jwalk721 said:
Looking good so far. It looks like we have the same boat. I will be following your thread looking for ideas.

If you have anymore shots of your boat I'd like to see them. Especially the splashwell area or any decking if there is any. Its tough to see in the pic how your boat is setup..

Here's a few, sorry it took so long. I haven't been on to much lately. The boat is pretty much just as I bought it. I'm debating if I'm going to keep it all open or go with the "bass boat" look. I'm thinking open because I have two little ones and it's harder to fall out that way :)

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,261
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
Jwalk721 said:
stone4140 said:
Jwalk721 said:
Looking good so far. It looks like we have the same boat. I will be following your thread looking for ideas.

If you have anymore shots of your boat I'd like to see them. Especially the splashwell area or any decking if there is any. Its tough to see in the pic how your boat is setup..

Here's a few, sorry it took so long. I haven't been on to much lately. The boat is pretty much just as I bought it. I'm debating if I'm going to keep it all open or go with the "bass boat" look. I'm thinking open because I have two little ones and it's harder to fall out that way :)

I've gone back and forth with the whole deck or no deck idea as well. It would be a lot less work and better for the kids but I keep going back to the deck. First off cause i am keeping the splashwell out so I need to put some support back in its place anyways. And then if the other guy I'm fishing with has a deck well I sure as hell better have my own as well :)

Started decking the bow. I am using old ladders i acquired for free or cheap. They seem to be working good so far. I still have to seal the floor before attaching brackets. I also Have to put more bracing in but I figured I'd post a pic of the early ladder stage.

Attachments

• TheMonitorfdeck.jpg
    TheMonitorfdeck.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 1,209
Got the front deck cut out and I cut new Gunnels. The Gunnels will extend down to the deck when I'm done so I ditched the curved ones. These take up more space but they'll go right down and once carpeted I think it will look good. And they will be nice and strong for rod holders and even sitting/standing on. All the floor boards are sealed and painted and I put the splashwell back in. For time/money/weight sake it just made more sense to put it back in. The rear deck would have been almost to the top of the transom after making it high enough for a gas tank. With kids bein in the boat it just seemed easier and better to keep it in. Anyways the 2nd fisherman will still have a great area to fish and I will have a pretty substantial front deck. Now I just need to sell my old boat for $$ for supplies. I have priced the thing to sell and its just not moving. I am shocked with all the great features it has but for some reason its sittin. Daaang I need that money!! I put a picture down there of the boat for sale in case you know anybody looking for a great pike/bass boat :D

Attachments

• slfforsale1.jpg
    slfforsale1.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,146
  • drunkbynoonsplashwell.jpg
    drunkbynoonsplashwell.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,146
  • drunkbynoondeck.jpg
    drunkbynoondeck.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,146
Painted the boat two Tone and started laying carpet.Hope to be done by July.

Attachments

• DBNCARPET1.jpg
    DBNCARPET1.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 1,100
  • DBNPaint1.jpg
    DBNPaint1.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,100
Almost finished couple small projects left. Started the motor in the driveway and after just a new carb kit it seems to be running great. Just gotta test her on the water now and make sure it runs under load. Installed a hummingbird with DSI that I'm excited to try out. My favorite part is the yard stick epoxied into the splashwell wood. I also went from the old pulley steering to a new Uflex setup. I'm going to splash her on saturday!!It only has a 33hp Johnson right now. This winter comin up will be the trailer and a 50 hp+ outboard....

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,072
  • bow1.jpg
    bow1.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,072
  • Side1.jpg
    Side1.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,072
  • splashwell1.jpg
    splashwell1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,072
  • transom.jpg
    transom.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,072
  • console.jpg
    console.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,072
Those seats look really comfortable. I wanted to go with some like those but they were $99 or something each at gander mountain and I found a deal on mine at Sportsmans Guide for $26 each. I still had too much stuff to buy. Anyway great job on your boat! I like the transom divider with the fish measure.

Latest posts