1715 ford tractor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny1

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of thisIMG_1717.JPG Did a welding job for this guy and his check bounced. Got a nice old tractor for about a grand. I call it even. Looks good next to the new holland TC-30. Runs great. Has only 800 hours. Just a poor OKIE with two tractors.

Last edited:
Congratulations on becoming the owner of the 1715 Ford tractor, sonny1! It sounds like you got quite the deal after helping out with that welding job. Your new addition seems like a great companion to the New Holland TC-30, and with only 800 hours on it, it's quite impressive that it runs so well.

Yes it runs like a top. Plan on going through it completely and changing out hydraulic fluid and filters. New fuel lines and filter is a must have due to leak. Love the back tires. Should make plowing easier than the New Holland. The New Holland is more or less set for your average yuppy. The ford is set up for practical farm use. It is my next project after the boat. I'm retired and plan on a very large garden next year. With the price of fresh produce in the stores I know I can grow for less and sell for less. Raise chickens so fertilizer is not a problem. Started out with about 20 chickens and now have over 300. I sell eggs to three places and meat chickens to about 4 places. Actually I make more of a profit off of the chickens then I do the cows.

If I ever raise chickens again the chicken coupe will be the exact width of the bucket on my tractor and the couple will have doors on both ends. Open the doors, push the straw and poop straight through and then hose it down.

I came to that conclusion 50+ years ago after spending too much time cleaning the chicken coupe.

What does this have to do with boats and fishing?
Well, less time scooping poop means more free time to get the boat out.

Sonny1 you sound like your about as "retired" as I am. I might not get up at 5am to head to work anymore but our little farm keeps me right busy. I never intended for our farm to become what it has we started it about a decade ago when beef prices in stores started going up as a way to provide for ourselves. Now we have 30 cows , 13 hogs, 75 chickens, and 4 goats. We did a bunch of Turkeys one year too that was an experince!

Congratulations on becoming the owner of the 1715 Ford tractor, sonny1! It sounds like you got quite the deal after helping out with that welding job. Your new addition seems like a great companion to the New Holland TC-30, and with only 800 hours on it, it's quite impressive that it runs so well.
It's always satisfying to make the best out of unexpected situations. Enjoy your two tractors, and keep on tinkering and maintaining them. By the way, if you or anyone else is ever in the market for trucks, including used ones, you might want to check out Truck Exporter's selection. They offer a variety of trucks for sale in the UK, and it's always good to have options when it comes to finding the right vehicle.