1960 Mercury 400E Restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:
Got the transom in the old LS Fifty-Six today. Almost ready to set her motor back on. It's been a long year of building and restoring. Time to put her on the water and play. Soon, very, soon! 8)

8.31.2015 UPDATE:

I've had some set backs over the past few months, as life goes, and that's ok. 8-[

The original wiring harness was so old, worn and the insulation was crumbling. I had to cut it back to only having 3' left on the plug. I ordered another wiring harness. It came in today. It must be spliced into the original one, tomorrow.

The one I ordered was off a Mercury Mariner, used, but good wire, color coded right and way longer than what I actually need. I didn't need the plug that was on it, just the wiring. It's a good one! Ebay find! :D

The same guy also had a nose cone for her, so I just bought it, too. Guess all that's left is to set the motor on Miss Fifty-Six and start hooking it up. However, her transom cap will not be ready until the later part of the week. Had to have it custom made.

Stay tuned! I'm trying!

cajuncook1 said:
Texas Lone Star 56, I sent you a PM

WOW! I can't thank you enough! Those diagrams are nowhere to be found online. Totally awesome, dude! =D> =D> =D>

Yes, I did receive your PM. Thank you for your kindness. I truly appreciate it. :D

M