1972 Johnson 25 horse slipping...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well....the weather has not been cooperating, so I haven't been able to get it back out on the water yet. I did buy a 75 johnson 25 horse for parts, so if it is the gears or the prop I have back-ups now. Since my last post I have been busy working on the boat, so the motor has been the least of my worries. The middle seat has been pulled out cut in half and is now back in there, the floors are almost complete, and then the new seats, the wiring, the fish finder and maybe, if I can figure out what I want to do, the livewell will be going in. Then I will be able to properly test out the motor and give you an update....the weather is supposed to be perfect Thursday and Friday so fingers crossed I will be able to get it out. I will keep you posted and thanks for the interest.
Chris

The parts motor and my motor both have electric on them. The parts motor has the starter, but the leads are gone so not sure if it works or not.
Chris

Chris, if you could, take a couple or three photos of the starter part of the Parts motor so I can see if any of it will work on my 9.5.
Here's a photo of my 9.5 to compare with.

DSCF0350.jpg

No electric start available on the 9.5 motors. They factory never offered one.

Thanks Ultra. That is sure bad news for us older guys with bad backs.

I was going to try and adapt one, by making a cradle for the starter. That's the Hickabilly way. The Battery can be charged by some other method.

Maybe there was a starter for the 9.9 and up to 15 Hp?