1987 bass tracker v17 fuel filler question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooah212002

Reaction score
I recently bought an 87 bass tracker v17 and one of the "quirks" of the boat is that the previous owner disconnected the fuel filler from the deck and reassembled it underneath (so now you have to lift the bilge latch to put fuel in). My dad and I replaced the hose because it was too small but the new hose kinks because of the deck is at a 45 or so degree angle but the fuel tank is at a 90 degree angle and the fuel cap is straight. I think a 45 degree fuel cap would work but i haven't been able to find any without the vent line connected directly to it and the deck already has a place for that. Plus I'd rather not have to cut the boat to pieces quite yet.

Am i missing something? Should the fuel hose kink and be ok? I'd think not because it seems that it would be very restrictive.

Duke62 said:
Do you have pictures?

I will tomorrow. It's at my dad's house at the moment. I was hoping it would be something i am missing with the stock setup, but the more digging around we do, the more it seems like someone did a quick and dirty "fix". For example, the fuel tank exhaust hose it too long so it has a huge dip in it.

Latest posts