1990 16 foot Springbok Starfish build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! I used a similar plan for my Ouachita's flooring, but I used cypress instead of cedar. I didn't see any cedar for sale in my area. I chose to stain and spar urethane my boards, but have come to wish that I had just stained them and not applied varnish, since I am having peeling problems in a few spots. The cypress is very rot resistance by itself, like the cedar, so it was more of a cosmetic decision. I may end up adding a seat-high deck on the front much like yours.
(The total weight of my flooring was about 75 pounds.)

Attachments

• Boat floor completed1.jpg
    Boat floor completed1.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 439
Ringo Steele said:
Looking good! I used a similar plan for my Ouachita's flooring, but I used cypress instead of cedar. I didn't see any cedar for sale in my area. I chose to stain and spar urethane my boards, but have come to wish that I had just stained them and not applied varnish, since I am having peeling problems in a few spots. The cypress is very rot resistance by itself, like the cedar, so it was more of a cosmetic decision. I may end up adding a seat-high deck on the front much like yours.
(The total weight of my flooring was about 75 pounds.)

That floor looks awesome! too bad about your peeling issues. I think my floor came in somewhere around 100lbs with all the framing. I'd haveto calculate to be sure.

Kevin

kylerprochaska said:
Gonna have to do something similar, looks great and Im all about saving money!

Saving money is great! its even greater when your floor is very light and drains better than just about any carpet/vinyl floor. no puddles on this deck.

Kevin

Latest posts