1995 Sylvan 14 ft Classic Fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the process of turning my 1998 Tracker 175 Pro Team into a 1995 14 ft Sylvan Classic Fisherman. It has a 30 hp Mercury 2 stroke & a Shore Lander trailer. I was expecting to find a 14 ft with a tiller motor, this Sylvan has steering & forward controls. Making a list of things to do to a 29 year old well kept rig. Not as many as I anticipated.:giggle::giggle::giggle:

That sounds reasonable. We have to be modest and know our limits.

You should be coming out way ahead financially in this deal, if it's a trade. Sell separately, if they want to trade even, unless they are special people to you, like family.

Congrats! I hope you enjoy the new project and have fun. BTW...what makes the Tracker more difficult to launch solo vs the Sylvan?

Congrats! I hope you enjoy the new project and have fun. BTW...what makes the Tracker more difficult to launch solo vs the Sylvan?
Tracker: 3ft longer,1000lbs heavier. I turned 83 yesterday, past time to take things easier, I'm without a fishing buddy, do it alone. It's fun having a new labor of love job, I enjoy very much doing all the stuff that needs doing on the smaller lighter Sylvan.

The 29 year old Sylvan is like a difficult child, lots of small issues. It's like I have a job now, something to do everyday for a few months if not more.

That goes for any boat. If it's new it's a chore keeping it looking like new. If it's older, well, you know that part.

Welcome to the Sylvan-hood!! I've really enjoyed mine.

That goes for any boat. If it's new it's a chore keeping it looking like new. If it's older, well, you know that part.

Welcome to the Sylvan-hood!! I've really enjoyed mine.
This Sylvan is my second tin boat, I think it is a good design. Among other tasks I'm adding two 90 inch 2x4 bunks to the trailer, the boat currently sits on three center rollers that are toast due to carrying all the weight. I knew nothing about rivets before, now I do.