2 motors, 1 fuel tank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaytmann

Reaction score
I've got a 1996 mariner 30 hp and recently obtained an 80's model mercury 9.9 for a kicker. Both are tiller steer. Im wanting to run both motors off same fuel tank. The motors have different fuel line connectors. The motors wont be running at the same time and I dont mind switching the fuel lines back and forth. Here are my 2 thoughts:
Can I put a "T" in the fuel line, after the bulb, and put a different style fuel line connector off the "T"?
Or, would I be better off, making an adaptor out of a male connector, that would allow me to switch between the 2 motors?

The T is a neat idea, but my only concern would be that the tube heading to the the non-running motor could allow un-wanted air into your line.

You could always have two complete hoses and just switch them at the tank when you need to.

Also, there is a good chance you could modify one of the motors to use a different connector. Actually, the more I think about it, this is what I would do. I'm sure you can buy the connector you need on-line and swap them out without too much modification.

Latest posts