61 Lone Star Skipper ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milt

Reaction score
I i'm new here. I have what I believe is a 61 Lone Star Skipper. I want to get it back in the water but I have some problems. First is that somebody tried to work on the transom. What a butcher job, they cut the lower supports out. I need replacement parts or info so that I can fabricate some. If I have to fabricate them there goes the keep it original restoration. I may putting a differ console in with modern steering and remote controls. any help would be great. Thanks milt

Hey, Welcome. I wouldn't worry so much about the "keeping it original" part, it's not going to make much if any difference on it's value. Post some pictures to show what you are dealing with and to help with getting ideas on repairing it. Good luck and keep it fun!

Thanks, I'm going to try. I'm a better truck driver than a computer operator. I have since removed the motor and the white board that was the transom. Somebody tried to replace the wood with a type of plastic board.. won't rot but kinda flimsy. Another member has a skipper also with pics that shows what was there. Assaultcraft8993 is his user name.

Attachments

• 000_0181.jpg
    000_0181.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 639
  • 000_0169.jpg
    000_0169.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 639
Hi Milt,
I have the same boat, except mine was a Chrysler, the Chrysler group bought Lone Star in the early 70s. Anyways, there aren't too many mods on the site. I've notice more in the past few weeks though. The boats are great, very stable and have a huge cargo load.
Mine is still in the "I've got to get started on this" stage. The only pics I have are after the transom were removed. Here is a link to a Chrylser that is the same as ours. Looks like your missing the corner braces and the long aluminum angle that goes across the transom.
Good luck.
Andy

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13211

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13211

Thanks for the link. Are the pieces of you transom handy so you could give me some specs?