77’ 25 hp evinrude ate carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72degreeangler

Reaction score
New to me boat. The mice drug a bunch of carpet into engine bay. I ran it a few times and now finally lifted the hood and discovered this. Beings it has no filter it sucked it into the carb and reed. I cleaned that up. How much more cleaning do I need to do and how and where.

Attachments

• IMG_6704.jpeg
    IMG_6704.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6705.jpeg
    IMG_6705.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6706.jpeg
    IMG_6706.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6707.jpeg
    IMG_6707.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 1
I don't know the answer to you question, but what a nightmare. Made me go out and pull the cover just to make sure nothing was moving in.

PS: This gets my vote for the best thread title of the month! Lol.

Ya. She was still running great when I put her away. I’m thinking about getting what I can by washing and vacuuming it out and call it good. The guy I got it from gave me a 35 hp that he tangled with weeds and wrecked a cylinder. I may rebuild that and have it setting and in the meantime run that 35 hp carb on what I have.

Sorry to hear that. Mice got into my Camaro a couple of years ago during winter storage and made a mess.

FYI - Store it with some moth balls and/or cloths drier softener sheets. Mice hate the stuff. They also don’t like dog hair so take a dog for ride before putting boat away for the winter.

Sorry to hear that. Mice got into my Camaro a couple of years ago during winter storage and made a mess.

FYI - Store it with some moth balls and/or cloths drier softener sheets. Mice hate the stuff. They also don’t like dog hair so take a dog for ride before putting boat away for the winter.
I use the bait blocks made for the big Tomcat bait box.

They have a hole in the middle and you can wire tie them where needed.

Started doing this to all my equipment after the little shitters built a nest in the air cleaner of my Kubota.

I hate meeses to peeces!