Added a two bank charger

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
After constantly hauling two chargers; opening the hatch; removing the battery covers; connecting the chargers...and then reversing all of that every time...I decided to add a permanently mounted two bank charger.

Now all I have to do is pull the 100 ft. long extension cord to the boat and plug it in.

About $120.00

richg99

https://smile.amazon.com/ChargePro-Bank-Waterproof-Battery-Charger/dp/B00MYT4LHS?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

71Osg0i1PEL._SL1000_.jpg

I have the guest brand of this same charger. I mounted it under the console and added a marine 110 volt plug to the side of the console. I extended the cables for the trolling motor battery 14 feet to the front deck using 10 gauge tinned wire with a 7.5 amp fuse at the battery. I extended the cables to the starting battery 5 feet in the same manner. Works flawlessly. Just plug in to the side of the console and magic happens. The 110 connector is located in a place that i don't forget to unplug because it is near the garmin bracket. I store the gps unit in the house for safe keeping.
Batteries are always topped up and ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks, It sounded like this company bought out the Guest brand. At least, their adv. says the Guest brand is no longer made, and that this item fits exactly into the same mounting holes, etc. Hope I like it as much as you do. richg99