Addicted!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont put salt on anything too much can cause high blood pressure, stroke and even a heart atack.

Too much sugar can lead to diabetes, had an aunt with diabetes, first she lost her baby toe, than her foot, than her life.

I dont eat anything white, bread, pastas, ect, ect, these turn into sugar and you know what sugar can do.

if you take away this then that then this what is the point of living.you know must people years ago that tidbit have todays medicine,all these herbicides ,preservatives ate salt sugar smoke did snuff chew tobacco all there lives and live to be 80 to 9 0 years old .they use to hang tobacco in stick barns and let it dry naturaly know they pick it green then they spray chemicals to it to make it turn brown.it is these farmers and corporation that is killing you not a little bit of salt,sugar read the back of any store baught packageor can and look at all the bye products and all the chemical they use to perserve

Not to rub salt in a wound... (pun intended) but it drives me crazy when I see people mindlessly add salt to their food before they even taste it.

I have to agree with dedawg1149, I have a brother-in-law (skinny little fart all his life)that had a mild heart attack a couple of years ago. Before he would eat anything including meat he would salt it so much it would be white all over. I don't mean you could see white salt all over I mean thick enough it could be measured with a ruler. I don't see how a person could swallow that much salt. Anyway sis talked to his cardiologist about his salt intake and his Doc said leave him alone. Don't stop it because his body apparently needs it. Said his attack was caused by heredity, arteries too small.
Who knows? Every body reacts differently to everything. I myself use the sweetnlow stuff. I went on a diet several years ago and got used to it. Man I hated that stuff when I started but got so accustom to it that I can't use sugar now. Seems that 4 tblsp of sugar is not as sweet a one pkg. of the pink stuff.

your salt intake depends on your metabolism. find a way to make your metabolism better and you can have alittle french frys or whatever you like to put on your salt :mrgreen:

I am not addicted to salt like others, but I do have to add it to a raw potato or watermelon. Can't go without the salt on those. I drink a lot of kool-aid though and I load it down with sugar, but as for my last check-up at the doc, I'm healthy as a bull according to my blood-pressure and cholesterol.

One thing when talking about food in general, this may be off subject a bit. I know a man that is now 103 years old. This man gets around like he is in his 50's. His mind is excellent and he never has any sickness. Doctor's tell him he is very healthy to be as old as he is. Now to what he told me his meals consist of, and this is what he said.

"I don't eat nothing unless it comes out of my garden or from my animals." I talked to one of his sons, who is 80-years-old himself and he told me that his dad will not eat any meat from the store, no fast food, and no vegetables. Basically nothing that is shipped to supermarket's is consumed by him. When I was talking to him, he told me not to take off because he was getting ready to kill a chicken and fix up some chicken & dumplings.

As for liquid intake, he doesn't drink any types of soft drinks, only water. It just makes me wonder what we are taking into our bodies sometimes because we don't know were all this food comes from that we consume, or what is placed in it.

If any of you ever saw what a hot Mt. Dew will do to a rusty bolt, you would change your tune about consuming it. WD-40 or Liquid Wrench can't touch a hot Mt. Dew for breaking rust free on bolts.

Latest posts